Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Software Update 2021.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be clear, those are the release notes for 2021.36.5, not specifically the x.x.x.1 through x.x.x.5 releases which followed it.
2021.36.5 had the exact same text in the release notes.

We don't actually know what 2021.36.5.5 changed as compared to 2021.36.5, as that information isn't publicly released. But since 2021.36.5 broke a few things, presumably the extra point releases are bug fixes.
No issues so far with 36.5.5, other than it rebooted after install which took me by surprise.
My following distance goes to #2 now which is nice when I'm in stop-go traffic, fewer cars cutting in front of me. The auto steer and TACC seems smoother too in accelerating and braking, especially braking to a stop when everyone in front slams on their brakes. The car seems to anticipate and add slow down earlier. Less "apply slight turn pressure" warnings too. Oh- and no phantom braking, at least not on my first trip today. I do a 4 day a week commute-160mi round trip, mixed highway/freeway with several miles of const. with k-rails on one side, auto steer and TACC seems to work better all the way around. I would get phantom braking and significant slowdowns 3-4 times each trip previously. So I'm happy so far.

Tim
Base LR White model Y

Reactions: donniccolo
Well, 36.5.3 tried to kill me twice on the first drive. First time was near a freeway on ramp where it started following correctly then made a sharp right turn to follow a bicycle lane that was near the ramp.

Second time was making a left turn from one street to another. It almost completed the turn but made a sharp right heading into the curb which was in front of an embankment.

Just installed 21.36.5.3 this morning and allowed Beta 10.3.1 testing of FSD. Love it. AP is much smoother on braking, I think because it anticipates a stop by noticing the brake lights of the cars around and in front of you. The acceleration could be a little smoother in traffic. Several jack-rabbit starts in bumper to bumper but the FSD on city streets is work the price of admission. Can't wait for 21.36.8

Last edited:
Just installed 21.36.5.3 this morning and allowed Beta 10.3.1 testing of FSD. Love it. AP is much smoother on braking, I think because it anticipates a stop by noticing the brake lights of the cars around and in front of you. The acceleration could be a little smoother in traffic. Several jack-rabbit starts in bumper to bumper but the FSD on city streets is work the price of admission. Can't wait for 21.36.8
Wow is that confirmed that it can read brake lights? First I’m hearing of that!

Yes, it's pretty neat seeing the backs of vehicles light up with red lights. At least is does that for me in the FSD beta.
Wow that is awesome! I can’t wait till that comes to us normies who do not have full self driving lol!

I think one of the big short comings of auto steer is that the car does not slow down appropriately when going around a curve and a human can easily see the cars ahead are stopped.