Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my model Y for over a month now and the last software update was over 3 weeks ago. Are the updates supposed to be more frequent as I'm still on 22.4.5.16. Is this what everyone else with a Model Y is currently on ?

Mine updated 2022.8.3 yesterday; one thing I didn't realise it was inadvisable to do was open the door while updating, as the window doesn't drop. Hence I had to keep the door open until updating was complete! Lesson learned.

Mine updated 2022.8.3 yesterday; one thing I didn't realise it was inadvisable to do was open the door while updating, as the window doesn't drop. Hence I had to keep the door open until updating was complete! Lesson learned.
That is strange, my window dropped when mine was updating at bluewater, I was going in and out of the car setting it up whilst it updated.

your version, 22.4.5.16. was a version that is what delivered with, it is not in the normal format and labeling of updates. I got my MYLR about a month 1.5 months ago and I had the same concern,,, it eventually updated to 2022.8.3 which got it in line with all other existing cars and updates (i've received 3 so far) THAT BEING SAID: I will tell you that the version sent on delivery is actually more advanced than newest updates.... My software (just last night updated again to 2022.12.03) never adding anything of note, only minor fixes you wouldn't notice... but other stuff that was proudly mentioned on 12.4.x which seems to be a major boost of features for many owners, was ALREADY installed on the factory version so I didn't notice a difference when it updated, whereas my friend who has an older S updated on same day and was psyched about new features..... In the end, you will get your updates, but don't worry you're not missing anything right now (in fact you may have a couple features i.e., Boombox outside, that won't work when updated.