Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y spoiler replacement?

jezroj

Sep 3, 2016
San Diego
When I went to the Costa Mesa show room, just about every MY they had around was lifting from the sides. QC! and they have the nerve to price it out at $900 on the Performance Model.

Larryfl1

Mar 7, 2020
Florida
I have had mine replaced 3 times and every time one end starts releasing... it has to be not molded correctly to the shape fo the car.. this is totally frustrating that we cant get a crappy fin to hold...other cars have no issues....

Reactions: Jmeitz

Jmeitz

Jul 8, 2020
St Louis
I have had mine replaced 3 times and every time one end starts releasing... it has to be not molded correctly to the shape fo the car.. this is totally frustrating that we cant get a crappy fin to hold...other cars have no issues....
Agree, how hard is it to mold a spoiler? I had my vehicle done in xpel stealth and on the 3rd install they installed it above the cut line so now I have a small sliver of different color.

PedramGh

Jan 20, 2020
Berkeley
I purchased 3D Maxpider from them when it was hard to find. They kept their promise unlike Jeda that is playing up for 6 months for their Hub. I trust them better.

TwoK4drSi

Apr 3, 2019
DFW
I've been thinking about three unplugged performance spoiler that was just released, it's pricey, but it's supposed to actually improve efficiency a bit. It's not just for looks, the numbers on their model 3 spoilers are pretty impressive.

High-Efficiency Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler For Tesla Model Y
I know my car isn’t a Y but my front lip gained me 10 wh/mi back and the rear spoiler gained me 15 wh/mi back. They don’t lie about their results.
943BFF90-308C-4592-98E5-6B40E8A2BBF1.jpeg

steve86

Jun 4, 2020
SoCal
I'm going to be on my 3rd spoiler replacement. Anyone having the same issues? Is there a better option?

if the sides keeps lifting, it could mean the spoiler is warped or not shaped correctly. I have the RPM Tesla spoiler. The first one I got, doing a dry fit (test install on the trunk with no tape) there is a noticeable gap on one side. If it was a good spoiler, when I lay it on the trunk, it should be flush one both sides. I don't think there are any tape strong enough bend the side to fit flush and hold it in place. The second spoiler I got from them did not have these issues. I did noticed that the showroom teslas had the same issues with the sides lifting as well..it was lifting worst than the first one I got from RPM Tesla.

If you read on FB and the forums... RPM tesla are crooks and the products are very subpar.

My experience with RPM Tesla was pretty good....but I am local to them so I am not sure if that is a factor or not.

I am thinking to buy the RPMTesla version. I heard it is identical to OEM.

I would not say they are 100% identical but I think they are pretty close. Check out imgur.com. The blue MY is OEM and the white MY is mine with RPM Tesla

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC