Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen people complain that they aren't staying on. I wonder if some people either get a new one and sell the old one, or just say screw it and keep it off.
I’ve asked Tesla a couple times if I could have the spoilers that they replaced on my cars due to them not adhering properly (one S and one P3) and they wouldn’t let me. I’d happily replace the 3m adhesive for what Tesla charges if not a warranty claim. They said the needed to tag them for the warranty credit.

There are quite a few used (pre owned) MY spoilers on eBay. Just curious, why are they being removed by the owners? Is there a problem or wind noise or something?
As a PUP owner here, lets just says the OEM spoiler SUCKS, I am on my4th one, it is too stiff and has imperfections on fit, so it has to be exactly placed perfectly to the 3m tape won't catch on, since the hatch is so thing, metal wise, too much flexion can have the edges separate and from there on it starts ungluing. M3P also has had issues. Some don't bother to put it and sell it off, others are the old ones, Tesla basically dumps the old ones.

Reactions: RocDeef
I have one I purchased off eBay for $75.

People sell them for a few reasons.

1. They get PPF and the installer takes it off.
2. It lifts in a corner. (Not always)
3. People are going to junk yards and pulling them off to sell for money.
4. Some people just don't like the look.

Mine has been on a while and I live in a harsh climate but I installed it better than tesla.

I used this tape.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QYB3JG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PwhaGbKYYXJHP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This promoter.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3I1JR6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pxhaGb8X7H10W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This silicone around the top and corners after it was on to keep water from running in.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AL6WLA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WxhaGbYRBECJ3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

PXL_20210114_163516898.jpg

I ordered this one from Hydra. Should be here this saturday, i will post pictures how it fits, overall quality etc

View attachment 627657

Here's my matte black CF spoiler from Hydratasestore. The shop that installed it (while doing the PPF) said that the 3M tape from Hydratasestore sucked. The spoiler kept falling off, so they used their own tape instead.
20201231_161149.jpg

Reactions: Y_NOT and bpon89
Okay so DO NOT buy Hydratase spoiler. Its cheap. And thats it. Fitment is horrible on the edges. I even bought 3M extra strength double sided tape, both edges just wont stay on unless you use silicone type of adhesive and thats no no for me. And it is hydro dipped carbon, not an actual carbon fiber. Picture on their website is false advertising as it looked like real CF. Going to give to my kid and tell him its CF toy samurai sword

You dont want it. I returned mine as well. Looks very cheap and has tons of bumps and irregularities from the poor hydro dip and item condition prior to dip. I have a example attached. Item is covered all over withView attachment 633772 View attachment 633772 View attachment 633772 View attachment 633773 View attachment 633774 View attachment 633772 View attachment 633773 View attachment 633774 these issues.

Wow, that totally sucks that yours came in the condition it did. I would have returned mine too if it looked like that.

For the price, I wasn't expecting pure 100% CF. It would have been quite a bit more. And for me, other than the corners not being 100% flush (they're lifted a few millimeters on the corners), I'm satisfied.

Obviously, this seems to be a YMMV situation.