Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR 1/4 mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know the advertised (or tested) 1/4 mile numbers on the Model Y SR? Yeah I know.. nobody bought the standard range version of the Y because of its mind-blowing speed.. the main reason to purchase the SRY was the deal of the decade $39,990 pricing. But I'd still love to compare the acceleration of SR.. to the LR.. and the Performance variants of the Model Y.

The SR is the slowest of the bunch, but still no slouch with a 0-60mph time of 5.3secs (no rollout). I'm guessing the 1/4 is going to be something like 13.3 secs @ 107mph.. considering the LR does it 12.4 @ 115mph.

If I had the time to go to dragstrip or borrow a 'draggy' device, I would certainly test 0-60, 0-100, 1/4mile, etc.

That said its pretty amazing noone has tested it. I even found a video of guy doing 0-60 tests with the SR vs LR Model Y and the SR is surprising quick. The difference isnt as big as you would think it is. When I was debating spending an extra $9K for the LR back in March.. I knew that I didnt need the extra range or AWD.. so the performance difference was the only thing I really cared about. This video is what sold me on the SR and the $9K savings:

Reactions: socal_my
If I had the time to go to dragstrip or borrow a 'draggy' device, I would certainly test 0-60, 0-100, 1/4mile, etc.

That said its pretty amazing noone has tested it. I even found a video of guy doing 0-60 tests with the SR vs LR Model Y and the SR is surprising quick. The difference isnt as big as you would think it is. When I was debating spending an extra $9K for the LR back in March.. I knew that I didnt need the extra range or AWD.. so the performance difference was the only thing I really cared about. This video is what sold me on the SR and the $9K savings:

Ha same thought process and video did it for me. It’s quick enough. No idea what it come in at for a 1/4 mile.

Would however love an acceleration boost upgrade being offered.