Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR 1 year free trial of premium subscription taken away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my delivery of Model Y SR 2 weeks before the price dropped by $2k. The sale rep. was pretty aggressive and delivered my Model Y 3 weeks earlier than scheduled. No wonder why! I felt little bad. Anyway, as soon as I pick up my car, I got an email below:

"You've been granted a complimentary 1 year trial of Premium Connectivity. It will end on February 1, 2022. Subscribe any time during the free trial to continue enjoying the features below."

It turns out that it was mistake for SR. Then, they changed it to one month yesterday. I love the company, but can they take way something they granted me? It is very small money, but they should honor the email they sent me. What do you think?

Same thing happened to me, I contacted customer support and they told me to contact my sales team. I am very unimpressed with Tesla so far. My car is currently in the shop due to the heater not working, along with other delivery issues. They have now dropped the price $2000 and taken away my premium connectivity on a car that isn’t even sitting in my garage right now. I can only hope they provide some sort of compensation for this horrible experience so far.

Wow! My heat pump stopped working after 1 week of driving. I have scheduled for a service visit in 2 weeks, but I have been driving cold. How is this possible? I traded my perfect Model 3 for this. Kinda regret trading my Model 3 2 weeks too early. Let me know if you get compensated somehow!

Same, let me know if you contact your sales team! Squeaky wheel gets the oil. This has been ridiculous so far. I have spend so much time researching and talking this company up over the past 3 years. I would love to be free marketing for Tesla, but this terrible experience so far has left me with a sour taste.

The website says one month for SR, that has not changed.

Errant automated emails are sent out all the time and they are corrected but not honored.

You’re getting what was originally promised to you, should you really be that upset?

If your car was in the shop during that first month, it certainly would be fair to ask for an extension of at least the same amount of time.

But Tesla can’t take away something that wasn’t yours to begin with.

Errant automated emails are sent out all the time and they are corrected but not honored.

You’re getting what was originally promised to you, should you really be that upset?

If your car was in the shop during that first month, it certainly would be fair to ask for an extension of at least the same amount of time.

When I placed my order, the SR was not listed for premium connectivity. I received an email saying 1 year free, then almost a month later another email is sent saying it changed.

When I placed my order, the SR was not listed for premium connectivity. I received an email saying 1 year free, then almost a month later another email is sent saying it changed.

So on the website, under feature details, it listed nothing about premium connectivity? That would be a surprise. It’s there for all models. You have a screenshot or cache of that?

Here you go

Attachments

• 9978421E-D66E-4877-9F65-83CAEB7E868D.jpeg
    9978421E-D66E-4877-9F65-83CAEB7E868D.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 202
So on the website, under feature details, it listed nothing about premium connectivity? That would be a surprise. It’s there for all models. You have a screenshot or cache of that?
Note the trial period was always 30 days for SR models.

Will there be a trial period for Premium Connectivity?
New orders of Model S, Model X, Model Y Long Range, Model Y Performance, Model 3 Long Range and Model 3 Performance on or after July 1, 2018
Yes, one year starting from delivery date

Model Y Standard Range, Model 3 Standard Range and Model 3 Standard Range Plus
Yes, 30 days starting from delivery date
Connectivity
They probably sent that email by mistake.

Here's all I can find, and its in the order agreement paperwork

"Premium Connectivity. A trial of Premium Connectivity will be included following delivery of the Vehicle. Once this trial is over as detailed atwww.tesla.com/support/connectvity, you may subscribe to Premium Connectivity or your Vehicle will return to Standard Connecvity. Features included in Premium Connectivity are subject to change and may be limited or unavailable due to Obsolete Hardware. You understand and agree that the cellular or other network needed for any Connecvity is provided by your local telecommunicaons company and other external providers, and that we are not liable for any parts, soware, upgrades or any other costs (including labor) needed to use or maintain network connectivity or compatibility with any features or services externally supplied to the Vehicle. Any connectivity issues (including for quality, functionality or coverage) or gaps in service unrelated to a hardware fault or failure are not covered by Tesla warranties."

that was not listed on the website when I placed my order.

I don’t have a screenshot, but my car said expires January 25, 2022 until last Thursday. My Tesla.com said it as well, so I’m not sure what you would like me to reference.

I mean, I would try to argue too, but I can't see getting too worked up over it if they don't make an exception for you. Good luck. Otherwise, before you made the purchase, it was on the page where you specify the model you're configuring (Choose between the SR and LR and MYP, you'll find in the feature details it details the premium connectivity trial)

Its also listed on the connectivity page

Connectivity

It is listed now, I placed my order 1 hour after the SR was listed. The connectivity page was not updated at that moment. I received this email after delivery, and my Tesla.com account and my car had this information up until Thursday.

Attachments

• 8F8090D8-C7A7-4384-B0F8-D53ED3F0C6A3.jpeg
    8F8090D8-C7A7-4384-B0F8-D53ED3F0C6A3.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 145