Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR gone from options and LR dropped 1K?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be late response but just looked at my account MY LR AWD scheduled delivery 2/26 my price dropped automatically last night FYI

very strange as mine doesn’t reflect the price decrease. My account still needs insurance uploaded and I originally set it to pay cash. Interestingly enough the option to add bank account is now gone and says “we will contact you to arrange payment prior to delivery”. I did tell my SA I needed to change to 3rd party finance so maybe he did something.

I have a lease approved for several weeks and I just looked and my payment has decreased from $743 to $709. I also see that the vehicle price is $1000 less on the lease details than what is on the order agreement dated 01/01/2021. I did not edit design or email anyone...... Apparently they just adjusted the terms automatically.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Well just like that and my account now reflects the $1k reduction. Guess the system is just working through orders on hand maybe.

Attachments

• BE0BCDB4-4615-444B-85F6-FA4B4F7B8E34.png
    BE0BCDB4-4615-444B-85F6-FA4B4F7B8E34.png
    372.6 KB · Views: 73
I have a lease approved for several weeks and I just looked and my payment has decreased from $743 to $709. I also see that the vehicle price is $1000 less on the lease details than what is on the order agreement dated 01/01/2021. I did not edit design or email anyone...... Apparently they just adjusted the terms automatically.

Same here... Total Car price dropped $1000, and is reflected in my monthly payments. Order date 1/31. Delivery dates still MIA from the other day

Of course. I picked up my LR last Saturday.
Does anyone know if Tesla will honor price changes within a few days of pickup?

Has anyone successfully reached out to Tesla and get the price change difference back?

Prior to taking delivery, you can get pricing adjusted, and if it doesn't happen automatically, it can be taken care of by messaging/emailing Tesla.

Post-delivery, there are no pricing adjustments. If you search the forum, you'll see posts from mid-2020 when Tesla dropped the LR price by $3K. Fairly straightforward to price-adjust before delivery, but no chance after (except, back then, you could still return your vehicle within 7 days, as an option).

Reactions: cdswm3 and Tedkidd
Prior to taking delivery, you can get pricing adjusted, and if it doesn't happen automatically, it can be taken care of by messaging/emailing Tesla.

Post-delivery, there are no pricing adjustments. If you search the forum, you'll see posts from mid-2020 when Tesla dropped the LR price by $3K. Fairly straightforward to price-adjust before delivery, but no chance after (except, back then, you could still return your vehicle within 7 days, as an option).
Well, so be it...

It’s funny because this was always one of my biggest fears... take delivery and immediately see a price drop. Oh well, at least I finally have a car after waiting 9 months.

it’s really too bad they couldn’t just cut that acceleration boost price by $1k as a compromise. But, I digress.

Well, so be it...

It’s funny because this was always one of my biggest fears... take delivery and immediately see a price drop. Oh well, at least I finally have a car after waiting 9 months.
Well... if it's any consolation: there have been no price increases since July 2020 on the LR, and the latest builds have several enhancements not present early-on (USB in glovebox w/128GB storage provided, heated steering wheel, auto-dimming side mirrors, etc). Your build likely has most or all of the latest enhancements...

The only thing that makes sense to me is that they dropped the price to test how much they could increase demand, and it didn’t increase demand enough so they dropped it completely.
I think you are right there. But the other possibility is there were such high demand, they figured they remove it for now until they catch up on production? Or maybe they realized 39K was not enough margin on the model Y given its recent upgrades? Or like other people had said, it might be because the SR model Y is too limiting in REAL WORLD range they decided to cut to prevent customer backlash. Or it is a combo of all these reasons. However I doubt it is the high demand reason because if someone wanted the SR, they would've picked it up. $2K usually isn't a deal maker for a car in this price range.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3 and Tedkidd
I think you are right there. But the other possibility is there were such high demand, they figured they remove it for now until they catch up on production? Or maybe they realized 39K was not enough margin on the model Y given its recent upgrades? Or like other people had said, it might be because the SR model Y is too limiting in REAL WORLD range they decided to cut to prevent customer backlash. Or it is a combo of all these reasons. However I doubt it is the high demand reason because if someone wanted the SR, they would've picked it up. $2K usually isn't a deal maker for a car in this price range.
But if demand is so high, the $2k price cut this week doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
Just received this SMS from a Tesla CSR I've been working with for a month or so:

"I have urgent updates for you! We no longer offer the custom standard range RWD Model Y anymore and we can only offer what's left in our inventory and are only honoring orders for those who already placed their deposits."

When I asked if that meant a LR RWD MY could be imminent:

"No - they told us a month ago that they are definitely not making that version."

Your post has been picked up and is spreading like wildfire on Reddit and Facebook, literally standing by itself as an official statement from Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Saturday