Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - SR Production (24 Mar 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Tesla is still making SR Model Y. I have it ordered since Feb and I was told that I will get my car but there is no news till now. It has been 5 weeks now.

Anyone have any update or someone who ordered in Feb and is getting their delivery now?

So, white/black/19s?

I don’t know why SA’s haven’t tried to match owners with cars when they were still available. About 8-10 days ago, there was still 23-30 left in inventory on the EV-CPO website.

I hope Tesla will honor the orders.
Yes and tesla hasn't been the best in communication. I literally had to call to figure out that its a possibility they won't be able to match me. While I'm lurking here seeing that they will still fulfill orders so Im just being hopeful lol.

Reactions: ElleRo
My SA told me that if april 1st comes around and I dont hear anything he said most likely they're not going to fulfill my order. Sad I ordered the car early February. Ordered In Buena Park.
It sounds like it won't come in the next 5 days. I called Tesla many times yesterday and they all saying the same thing. The car will come mid to late April. I doubt on this timing again though since Tesla just announced parts unavailability and pushing deliveries to June.

So, white/black/19s?

I don’t know why SA’s haven’t tried to match owners with cars when they were still available. About 8-10 days ago, there was still 23-30 left in inventory on the EV-CPO website.

I hope Tesla will honor the orders.
I am really confused at the process as I read about many folks being matched to inventory who ordered in March even but I ordered back in January when SR was available on the website. I wonder why I was not even contacted prior to newer orders? This kind of gives me hope that why will still fulfill the order but leaves me second guessing. Now only hope is they fulfill and since its a newer made one, it will have the most recent updates.

I am really confused at the process as I read about many folks being matched to inventory who ordered in March even but I ordered back in January when SR was available on the website. I wonder why I was not even contacted prior to newer orders? This kind of gives me hope that why will still fulfill the order but leaves me second guessing. Now only hope is they fulfill and since its a newer made one, it will have the most recent updates.
All the best. I really hope they do something.

Yes, I believe they will continue to fulfill orders for those who ordered them early on. Wouldn’t be fair if they don’t.

I guess they are closed to new orders because I was told they don't make them anymore that any available were existing inventory. I got 2 offers of existing inventory and they were both gone in less than an hour. One was a RWD Dark Gray 20" 7 seater and another black 19" RWD with FSD. Still looking for that elusive white RWD 5 seater...

I guess they are closed to new orders because I was told they don't make them anymore that any available were existing inventory. I got 2 offers of existing inventory and they were both gone in less than an hour. One was a RWD Dark Gray 20" 7 seater and another black 19" RWD with FSD. Still looking for that elusive white RWD 5 seater...
Aren’t all SR RWD?

Note. There were a few available a couple weeks back. I was fortunate enough to snag one on March 8th. I guess it is about timing and the SA. On the same day, I had two different SA tell me two different things. One said I couldn’t order one anymore and one at another dealer found me a SR MY.

Aren’t all SR RWD?

yes. i guess i just call it RWD instead of SR.