Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR RWD available to order for $56,290

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exact one i want to order. Almost sent an email to the Sales Advisor who i had communicated with last year. But the tedious back and forth on fixes makes me worry. If my 5'9 medium build can fit in the back seat then maybe worth it. I haven't seen any pictures of the seats yet. So maybe hold off until something more concrete. Work just got busy. So can't invest time in, fix this, oh fix that,...oh this became an issue...

This is exact one i want to order. Almost sent an email to the Sales Advisor who i had communicated with last year. But the tedious back and forth on fixes makes me worry. If my 5'9 medium build can fit in the back seat then maybe worth it. I haven't seen any pictures of the seats yet. So maybe hold off until something more concrete. Work just got busy. So can't invest time in, fix this, oh fix that,...oh this became an issue...
pictures just showed up First look at Tesla Model Y seven seat configuration with third row seats

Do you own a Tesla or are you just going by what you’ve read on the internet?

I have an early production Model 3, picked up the first day of delivering Model 3s in Alberta. Serial number 29XXX. My only issue was condensation in a taillight. The mobile ranger came and fixed it in the parking lot at work. All I had to do was leave my key card with the receptionist (2 seconds of my time). Then come talk to the mobile ranger when he was done so he could ask me if there was anything elseI needed done and he could give me back my key card. 2 minutes of my time there. Hardly a huge time waster. Less time and effort than a single trip to a gas station.

In fact, if you currently drive an ICE vehicle I bet you spend far more time, money and energy servicing it than you’ll ever spend servicing a Tesla.

In 2.5 years and 55,000 km I’ve only had mine serviced twice. The service call mentioned above and I did have to go to the Calgary service centre to have an upper back joint replaced. They also upgraded my FSD computer to V3 for me at that visit. They gave me a Model S loaner for the 3 hours my car was in for service and I didn’t even ask for one - I had brought a laptop and some files to work on but what the heck, why not take the opportunity to cruise some in a Model S for a few hours?

When I think of the number of oil changes I would have had to deal with in that time, I realize what a time, hassle and expense ICE vehicles are in comparison.

I have an early production Model 3, picked up the first day of delivering Model 3s in Alberta. Serial number 29XXX. My only issue was condensation in a taillight. The mobile ranger came and fixed it in the parking lot at work. All I had to do was leave my key card with the receptionist (2 seconds of my time). Then come talk to the mobile ranger when he was done so he could ask me if there was anything elseI needed done and he could give me back my key card. 2 minutes of my time there. Hardly a huge time waster. Less time and effort than a single trip to a gas station.

In fact, if you currently drive an ICE vehicle I bet you spend far more time, money and energy servicing it than you’ll ever spend servicing a Tesla.

In 2.5 years and 55,000 km I’ve only had mine serviced twice. The service call mentioned above and I did have to go to the Calgary service centre to have an upper back joint replaced. They also upgraded my FSD computer to V3 for me at that visit. They gave me a Model S loaner for the 3 hours my car was in for service and I didn’t even ask for one - I had brought a laptop and some files to work on but what the heck, why not take the opportunity to cruise some in a Model S for a few hours?

When I think of the number of oil changes I would have had to deal with in that time, I realize what a time, hassle and expense ICE vehicles are in comparison.

Never owned a Tesla. The 7 Seat Model Y is the only one that seems to be a trade up without selling a kidney. Yes, reading about Panel Gap issues, interior lining quick deterioration, obviously the paint horror stories and worst of all windscreen distortion issues, do make you stop and think first. Fixing one issue is fine. But when you combine all 3 or 4 items, plus issues resulting from the fix and the back and forth. Can easily be 7- 8 appointments.

If you can fix in a cerial box, you should be good. There is not much room back there for a third row. It will be very small. Most likely kid small.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
Looks like the current USD/CAD exchange rate was taken into account when determining the price.

On the other hand. the price of the 3 SR+ still hasn't been adjusted for the rise of the Canadian dollar, so the difference in price between the base Y and 3 models is lower in Canada than in the USA.

There is still $14,500 difference on the SR model. 20K difference on the AWD version. Pricing seems to correct for both models. No need for any other price adjustments.

I think you just got lucky. I've owned a Model S, 3, and X and all three cars required, and still does require, countless number of trips to the SC or mobile appointments throughout the years. So it's definitely YMMV. But I have a feeling that you are just luckier than the average owner as we read about these quality issues quite often to be honest.

I think you just got lucky. I've owned a Model S, 3, and X and all three cars required, and still does require, countless number of trips to the SC or mobile appointments throughout the years. So it's definitely YMMV. But I have a feeling that you are just luckier than the average owner as we read about these quality issues quite often to be honest.

Why do you buy so many when the first one is already a lemon. And what is YMMV. I really want to just order the Y with 7 seats (rumour has it that you can adjust second row to average out leg room for all three rows) and get it delivered without issue even have to wait three months away. But really cannot risk not able to concentrate on work when needed after it's delivered and have to worry about this and that. You must be one of the super rich that can do all those appointments and have second cars.

Why do you buy so many when the first one is already a lemon. And what is YMMV. I really want to just order the Y with 7 seats (rumour has it that you can adjust second row to average out leg room for all three rows) and get it delivered without issue even have to wait three months away. But really cannot risk not able to concentrate on work when needed after it's delivered and have to worry about this and that. You must be one of the super rich that can do all those appointments and have second cars.
I don't think any of my cars are lemons. They are just typical Tesla vehicles that are poorly manufactured. Not sure if you understand that or not. YMMV is Your Mileage May Vary. Some owners have never experienced any issues with build quality, some have, so it really depends. I don't quite understand your logic of having to concentrate on work. Do you think I just wait at the Tesla service centers while my car gets repaired? It's inconvenient for sure, but I don't think I'll be losing my job if I had to take my car in for service...

I don't think any of my cars are lemons. They are just typical Tesla vehicles that are poorly manufactured. Not sure if you understand that or not. YMMV is Your Mileage May Vary. Some owners have never experienced any issues with build quality, some have, so it really depends. I don't quite understand your logic of having to concentrate on work. Do you think I just wait at the Tesla service centers while my car gets repaired? It's inconvenient for sure, but I don't think I'll be losing my job if I had to take my car in for service...
I mean that having the car in the shop will add on my list of griefs which might affect work performance. Already have to deal with lock down and supermarket line ups.