Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y SR (Shanghai) or LR (Berlin)? Build quality differences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,

I am considering buying a Tesla Model Y and I can’t decide between standard range and longe range version. I think that SR provides enough of kilometres for single charge for my needs. We go for longer trips (> 500 km) just 2 or 3 times per year so smaller range compared to LR version is not an issue I think.

The reason why I am thinking about LR version is the manufacturing in Berlin. I can read on web that models from Berlin have better suspension and it should be more comfy ride. But then I can also find an info that models made in Shanghai since October 2022 have same suspension like the models from Berlin - factory was upgraded. Can anyone confirm that?

Another reason why I am thinking about model from Berlin is construction quality - it should be better than cars built in Shanghai. Again can anyone confirm that? I have also read that the differences should not be so significant now. And of course features of LR like dual motor, higher performance, range and new colour are nice but it is about 7k Euro more expensive which is significant difference for me.

What I like on SR is a LFP battery with more cycles and ability to charge it for 100%, red colour and cost save. :)

What is your opinion? Does anyone have experience with both SR 2023 and LR from Berlin and can comment on the build quality and suspension differences?

Suspension should be the same from Berlin & Shanghai.
We choose the Berlin made care because of the 'QuickSilver' Color :)
Otherwise it would be the RWD as it doesnt make sense to pay the premium for 100km of extra range, which you don't need :)

Exactly! I like the red colour, which is available in SR so good for me :) And I also do not see many reasons why to pay extra for something what I do not need on daily basis (extra range, 4x4). I have been worried only about the build quality and suspension but I have read more more statements that it should be same now. I will also ask Tesla dealer about that.