Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Standard Range 455km vs 430km WLTP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been reading that the Model Y SR from Germany may be using the BYD LFP blade battery at 55kWh as opposed to the China car with the 60(ish) kWh LFP pouch.

The WLTP for Germany, and a handfull of other countries is listed on Tesla.com as 430 km (267 miles).

The WLTP for UK and the rest of Europe is 455 km (283 miles).

For those who may be thinking of ordering, which includes myself, would you be happy to wait for the Germany version, if and when it comes, knowing that the range may be 25km less?

I noticed the ETA for an SR MY is this quarter!
ETA are notoriously dodgy but looks like they planed to build some based on expected orders and they have not materialised.
I expect you will get a good trade in offer against one...

Thank you for your reponse to my thread elsewhere about the SR 430 vs 455km range conundrum, and as for your initial point - the rumour about the BYD battery being used in Berlin is to my mind mostly interesting because the rumour includes mention of the BYD battery being installed within a structural battery pack, making the SR with a BYD battery the first candidate for the front mega casting and the weight savings, stiffness improvement, and perhaps suspension tuning that might come with this - sorry in advance if this just kicks off more rumours.

;)

Thank you for your reponse to my thread elsewhere about the SR 430 vs 455km range conundrum, and as for your initial point - the rumour about the BYD battery being used in Berlin is to my mind mostly interesting because the rumour includes mention of the BYD battery being installed within a structural battery pack, making the SR with a BYD battery the first candidate for the front mega casting and the weight savings, stiffness improvement, and perhaps suspension tuning that might come with this - sorry in advance if this just kicks off more rumours.

;)
We know Tesla plan to start using structural packs by the end of the year in Berlin, just not whether they will use BYD blades or 4680 cells. I'd imagine BYD blades.

;)

No prob.

I initially thought (hoped) the same as you.

Currently got a RWD Model 3, and was hoping if/when the SR Y arrives with the structural pack and BYD the range will be a bit more than 430km.