Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Standard Range 7 Seat in US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks!

Looking at picking up a 7 Pax Model Y. Am however also consider just picking up a Model 3 and a gas 7 pax.

On the Y, looks like right now if you want a 7 pax, you need to go with Long range Y... which right now starts over 50k and ends up about $53k. Ideally, want to keep it at under $50k before taxes as there is an additional $2k in state incentives.

Looks like in the past they had one like this starting around $40k... and I recall on some YT video someone mentioned that it was coded somewhere for ordering in the future?

Are there any ideas on when we can possibly see this configuration?

State incentives here run though end of June... and I take it it is impossible to switch order from 3 to Y once placing the order?

Thanks all!

There was never a brand new model Y that started at 40k. Note that "Starting around X" is not a number that includes tax incentives as that is up to a persons individual tax situation.
and NEVER mentioned any tax incentives... unless you are just trying to be jostling and saying, $40,000 is not "around" $42k quoted in that article?

There was never a brand new model Y that started at 40k. Note that "Starting around X" is not a number that includes tax incentives as that is up to a persons individual tax situation.
ah, got it... at that time Tesla was quoting the $6,500 "savings"... and not an actual price... in which case it would be under $50k today anyway?

Thanks!

I dont consider 45k (which is the price quoted for the 7 seater option in the article you linked to) to be "around 40k". Im also not even sure they ever actually sold that vehicle in that configuration in any volume, but even if they did, 45K on the configurator for that vehicle would have been close to 50k that someone would have paid for it, once taxes, destination etc is figured in.

I dont consider 45k (which is the price quoted for the 7 seater option in the article you linked to) to be "around 40k". Im also not even sure they ever actually sold that vehicle in that configuration in any volume, but even if they did, 45K on the configurator for that vehicle would have been close to 50k that someone would have paid for it, once taxes, destination etc is figured in.
Starting price is what I meant, before options, and as I posted after... I realized they were saying $40k AFTER "savings/incentives" which Tesla quoted before. and apparently they did... there are videos of them out there.

Any way to get the standard range with 7 seater configuration? currently the website shows the 7 seater option only for the long range. Can I call in and order for the 7 seater on the standard range?
Not at this time. The Tesla Model you refer to as Standard Range was only available for a short time before being discontinued. The current lineup includes the Tesla Model Y, Long Range Model Y and the Performance Model Y. All versions of the Tesla Model Y come with dual motor all-wheel drive. The Tesla Model Y is the least expensive version, made in Austin, TX. This version features a unicasting for the rear half of the vehicle and a structural battery pack that uses the new 4680 battery cells. The design of this version of the Tesla Model Y does not currently provide an option for a 3rd row (seating for two additional passengers). Perhaps some day it will.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Not at this time. The Tesla Model you refer to as Standard Range was only available for a short time before being discontinued. The current lineup includes the Tesla Model Y, Long Range Model Y and the Performance Model Y. All versions of the Tesla Model Y come with dual motor all-wheel drive. The Tesla Model Y is the least expensive version, made in Austin, TX. This version features a unicasting for the rear half of the vehicle and a structural battery pack that uses the new 4680 battery cells. The design of this version of the Tesla Model Y does not currently provide an option for a 3rd row (seating for two additional passengers). Perhaps some day it will.
The RWD SR MY is starting to pop up used on Tesla.com but I haven’t seen a 7 seater. I vaguely remember reading about people with 7 seat SR reservations getting asked to move to 5 seat or LR or orders getting canceled.

There were some 2021 RWD SR MY built in Freemont (Austin was not online) with the 7 seat configuration.
As an owner of a SR MY I am well aware Austin was not online in April 2021 (when ours was built) . I just couldn’t remember any actual verified 7 seat versions being delivered. Just reports of them being ordered.

Reports but no actual follow up saying they were delivered.

As an owner of a SR MY I am well aware Austin was not online in April 2021 (when ours was built) . I just couldn’t remember any actual verified 7 seat versions being delivered. Just reports of them being ordered.

Reports but no actual follow up saying they were delivered.
Here is a long thread - Model Y 7 Seater Waiting Room. See posts 111, 115, 116, 123, 188, 202 and other posts that the 2021 SR 7 seat Model Y was in fact delivered to a few customers.

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

Reactions: Mrbrock