Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y standard range is here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what happened to Musk's tweet that he had no intention of making a standard range model Y because 250 range was too low and that the LR RWD would be available in a few months? Does this solidify that no LR RWD is likely to ever come? I think he's got some explaining to do - there are I'm sure a lot of really upset LR RWD reservation holders that have let Tesla have their $2500 for way more than a year now.

And still no updated console too

That sucks. I really like the new console..

well I was set to pick up a model 3 SR+ on monday. Only because I want the Y but am too cheap to pay for the LR AWD and as has been said: elon said the Y SR wasn't going to be made. Now that it is..... I really dodged a bullet by 3 days being able to change my order back to teh Y and drop the 3.

another week or two and I would have been pissed.

I'd thank fate or some random deity but I can't believe any of them would give a crap about what car I drive.....

what happened to Musk's tweet that he had no intention of making a standard range model Y because 250 range was too low and that the LR RWD would be available in a few months? Does this solidify that no LR RWD is likely to ever come? I think he's got some explaining to do - there are I'm sure a lot of really upset LR RWD reservation holders that have let Tesla have their $2500 for way more than a year now.
I think the reason to NOT have the LR RWD right now is that tesla wants folks who want more range to still buy the AWD: higher profit margins. Depends on where one lives, many really don’t need AWD. But I am scratching my head a little bit with this logic also: bc SR RWD is probably less profit margin than LR RWD. Tesla probably did some number crunching and saw this as the most profitable option (releasing SR RWD before LR RWD)

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC

My $2,500 reservation is worth like $40k in TSLA stock now!!!

I think the reason to NOT have the LR RWD right now is that tesla wants folks who want more range to still buy the AWD: higher profit margins. Depends on where one lives, many really don’t need AWD. But I am scratching my head a little bit with this logic also: bc SR RWD is probably less profit margin than LR RWD. Tesla probably did some number crunching and saw this as the most profitable option (releasing SR RWD before LR RWD)

I'm okay if that is their decision, regardless of their logic; but to come out in July and say no SR and LR RWD is coming in 3 months and then 6 months later SR is available and zero word on what is happening with LR RWD is extremely frustrating. Many people have patiently been waiting and faithfully let Tesla hold on to $2500 and he doesn't give us the courtesy of some basic information on the status. To then give us a fake update in July makes it even worse.

Reactions: GSP and ftmaybe
Now that dems are in control at federal level we can expect a tax break of $7.5K. Brings the price down to $35K.
That would be so awesome. Any chance this takes effect in March of this year, or would need to wait for 2022?

coming a model 3 sr+, no way i can recommend this to anyone in canada. the range will be crap in the cold!
Maybe the SR Y range will be much better than SR+ 3 because of the heat pump technology

I think the reason to NOT have the LR RWD right now is that tesla wants folks who want more range to still buy the AWD: higher profit margins.
I think it's simple : there is a battery shortage, and these cells are shared between the 3, the Y, and probably Powerwalls. So they need to sell the most cars with least battery cells, hence the standard range Y. If they had tons of battery then you'd see the LR RWD Model Y.