Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on very cold nights, the first 5-10 minutes of your morning commute will have Reduced Regenerative Braking, so you'll use your brake pedal more for those 5-10 minutes. You'll enjoy the pre-heat function on your car; i pre-heat mine via the app about 5 minutes before heading out in the morning.

I will take delivery of a Model Y this summer in New Jersey. From October to June I will need to store this car in an unheated garage. The car will not be driven during that time.

What are the issues I may run into?
Eight months in storage? Plugged in or not? I don’t know the answer but eight months is a long time to store a car. Looking forward to the answers.

Issues?

Flat spots developing on the tires from sitting in the same rotation position for 9 months.
Rodents chewing hoses and wire insulation, colonizing your vehicle.

Find someone, even if you have to pay them, to drive your Tesla vehicle every couple of weeks. Park in a different parking space if possible so that rodents don't assume it is unoccupied. Also, the scent of humans is a natural repellent to some animals.

If you leave the Tesla plugged in the Mobile Connector can be chewed by rodents, other critters. There is even one account of a raccoon chewing up, damaging the Mobile Connector chassis. I'm not saying that this will happen just be aware of the risk.

Reactions: JoeT21MY
No issues for the car. Poster above has great points regarding tire flat spots, etc, but you cannot control that and the tires being somewhat new will likely be fine once the car is driven again.

Suggest targeting the state of charge of the vehicle to be around 50-60% before you leave the car in storage. Plug the car in before you leave, and set the charge in the car/your app to 50%. It'll take care of itself.

Reactions: JoeT21MY