Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y suspension plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t say the photos were not real - just that your story is BS. 20 mph going straight and it just broke.. and the tire did not damage the fender… but yet still had enough velocity to hit another car and lift it up on to the curb. Again BS
The reason for the post is to try and understand what happened - the car was completely stopped while waiting to make a left turn - after making the turn in our neighborhood and driving 150 feet at 20-25mph, the car swung to the left with the force and described before doing a 360 degree turn and coming to a stop - how and why this happened I can't explain - but happen it did - not grateful it didn't happen in a crowded intersection but, personally, a dangerous mountain road in which we were launched into oblivion

Do you have video of the dashcam to present your case with more clarity?
that is a question I was wondering about last night - we do have a thumb drive inserted in the Tesla USB slot but no buttons were made to save a video - we've been without the car for 2 months while Tesla completes repairs - we have had them save all parts in case there's a debate about what happened but it would be great to have a video clip - thanks for commenting

Adds to your “claim” not concern. Real or not, there is No value in soliciting forum feedback on what you claim. That’s what insurance companies do.
really? - other owners wouldn't want to know what could happen? - not my experience but I respect your position - I'm not asking others to solve my problems but both make them aware of my experience and, if there's helpful advice, to offer it

What is you build date and VIN? Assuming this was a casting issue, there is a recall already in motion for control arm casting I believe, but it didn't affect my build, so I don't remember exactly the VIN range. I have to think that these pictures and NHTSA involvement will result in additional research, assuming you submit the case to NHTSA. If this is truly a casting issue, your actions could save a life.

that is a question I was wondering about last night - we do have a thumb drive inserted in the Tesla USB slot but no buttons were made to save a video - we've been without the car for 2 months while Tesla completes repairs - we have had them save all parts in case there's a debate about what happened but it would be great to have a video clip - thanks for commenting
I think you should read the online manual completely as you will need this later on to have a better understanding of how the car is designed to behave /drive under different situations. Your comment that there were no buttons to save the video leads me to believe that you are not aware of how to use some of the features. Please see a youtube video on how to use and save the dashcam videos for your Tesla. Trust me the saved dashcam video is your best alibi in difficult situations. The thumb drive needs to be capable to to handle a high speed transfer rate ( not sure what the exact MB/sec speed is but it is mentioned in the manual) and of course its needs to be formatted ( FAT32). Hope everything works out for you.

There's a suspension knuckle fracture recall for some 2020-2022 model Ys.

The fandom around here gets a little out of control at times which is odd given there's no shortage of Tesla recalls.
This. OP’s story is 100% plausible with the garbage Tesla has been churning out lately.

Fanbois on this forum love blaming the victim of Tesla’s shortcomings.

There's a suspension knuckle fracture recall for some 2020-2022 model Ys.

The fandom around here gets a little out of control at times which is odd given there's no shortage of Tesla recalls.
Link to any info on the "suspension knuckle fracture recall for some 2020-2022 models Ys."? Thanks

I still can't figure out what happened, now that the OP has added the car did a 360 spin. At 20-25mph? I don't understand, unless the car was under full throttle, and spun. At 20-25mph, a suspension failure would stop the car in a few feet, not spin it around. Also, was the spin clockwise or counterclockwise.?

The scenario just doesn't make sense to me. I can SEE the failed suspension part, but simply trying to figure out how it happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: 101dals
So this happened 2 months ago?

Link to any info on the "suspension knuckle fracture recall for some 2020-2022 models Ys."? Thanks

I still can't figure out what happened, now that the OP has added the car did a 360 spin. At 20-25mph? I don't understand, unless the car was under full throttle, and spun. At 20-25mph, a suspension failure would stop the car in a few feet, not spin it around. Also, was the spin clockwise or counterclockwise.?

The scenario just doesn't make sense to me. I can SEE the failed suspension part, but simply trying to figure out how it happened.

If your wheel comes off like that at any even 25 mph speed it takes the fender with it, tears up the tire and wheel cover. I see the broken part but that car barely moved once it did. The images just don’t go with the story. 🤔 Maybe it got jacked up on the suspension component and it broke. Then no body damage. Lower it down take jack out and it looks just like that. That I would buy that scenerio.

Continuing to seek clarification. This "recall" is for a front suspension knuckle, not rear.

Hard to believe that any car traveling 20-25mph could push another car sideways, over a curb, breaking an axle on that car. Just sayin'.