Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y suspension plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is you build date and VIN? Assuming this was a casting issue, there is a recall already in motion for control arm casting I believe, but it didn't affect my build, so I don't remember exactly the VIN range. I have to think that these pictures and NHTSA involvement will result in additional research, assuming you submit the case to NHTSA. If this is truly a casting issue, your actions could save a life.
we were one of the first Y owners in 2020 (took delivery in July) - we have filed and got a number from NHTSA - NHSTA Tesla Issue No. 11447921 at
Recalls | NHTSA - thanks

I think you should read the online manual completely as you will need this later on to have a better understanding of how the car is designed to behave /drive under different situations. Your comment that there were no buttons to save the video leads me to believe that you are not aware of how to use some of the features. Please see a youtube video on how to use and save the dashcam videos for your Tesla. Trust me the saved dashcam video is your best alibi in difficult situations. The thumb drive needs to be capable to to handle a high speed transfer rate ( not sure what the exact MB/sec speed is but it is mentioned in the manual) and of course its needs to be formatted ( FAT32). Hope everything works out for you.
thanks - I used the word "buttons" loosely - the screen does have a place to press if the owner wants to save a particular clip

samusic: More photos would satisfy the curious here.
Sorry the only ones we have of our car posted - interestingly, our mechanic of 25 years could tell from the photo where the weak spot in the plate was - our insurance agent of 35 years believes the part was faulty and his company will likely pursue Tesla for reimbursement - this issue resulted in the recall of over 20,000 cars in China and about 1,000 in the U.S. - we are reviewing with lawyers as well and hoped Tesla would take the position they were lucky there weren’t a lot of injuries or deaths from this occurring in a busy intersection or school zone but have opted for the deny and delay response - our hope was to alert participants in this group of a potential issue and for constructive recommendations, if any - thanks for responding

Sorry the only ones we have of our car posted - interestingly, our mechanic of 25 years could tell from the photo where the weak spot in the plate was - our insurance agent of 35 years believes the part was faulty and his company will likely pursue Tesla for reimbursement - this issue resulted in the recall of over 20,000 cars in China and about 1,000 in the U.S. - we are reviewing with lawyers as well and hoped Tesla would take the position they were lucky there weren’t a lot of injuries or deaths from this occurring in a busy intersection or school zone but have opted for the deny and delay response - our hope was to alert participants in this group of a potential issue and for constructive recommendations, if any - thanks for responding
I think it is best to have your insurance company take the lead on this- they have money and an army of legal folks - hope this works out for you.

Reactions: samusic