Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y : Tax credits SUV price limit with FSD included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I order model Y with the basic autopilot in June. At the time of the order, the car price is $66,500 and the sales tax is $5,000 totatlling $71,500. Expected delivery date is Nov 20-Jan 1 2023. With the recent EV tax credits, I'm thinking to defer the delivery to the first week of Jan 2023 even though not sure if the Model Y would be eligible with the battery source requirements. According to Musk's latest tweet, the price of the FSD is going to increase from $12,000 to $15,000 from Sep 5th. If I add FSD now, would that be considered as the car price? Will that make me ineligible for the tax credits (lower price at the point of sale)? Does the $80,000 limit on SUVs in the EV bill include sales tax?

Anyone (and everyone) who is expecting to simply "defer delivery for the tax credit" is in for a very rude awakening when they find out that tesla is likely going to be very (very very) inflexible on doing that.

These limits likely wont matter for your order because you will likely be forced to take delivery before the 1st or cancel your order.

Anyone (and everyone) who is expecting to simply "defer delivery for the tax credit" is in for a very rude awakening when they find out that tesla is likely going to be very (very very) inflexible on doing that.

These limits likely wont matter for your order because you will likely be forced to take delivery before the 1st or cancel your order.

But according to the agreement, I need to take delivery with in 30 days of their first attempt. I was hoping the vehicle will be ready sometime in December based on estimated date.

Reactions: MelsM3P
But according to the agreement, I need to take delivery with in 30 days of their first attempt. I was hoping the vehicle will be ready sometime in December based on estimated date.

The estimate can and will move all around, and as tons (and tons) of people try to delay, others will get moved up. We saw this story last year when everyone was delaying to try to get a tax credit that did not end up materializing. Thats when tesla put that verbiage into the order agreement btw, and started cracking down on these delay tactics.

Im just telling you to expect to have to take delivery this year based on when you ordered, and not to expect to be able to put in a bunch of delay tactics trying to get into next year.

Expect the car to come early in the window. I have a friend that ordered a 3LR and it came 2 weeks into his window. Also my other friend has a YLR on order in same window and his just got moved up Oct - Dec 1

I would also suspect the price of the Y LR in 2023 will go up to $75k no options since the max MSRP for credit is $80k

Hello,

I order model Y with the basic autopilot in June. At the time of the order, the car price is $66,500 and the sales tax is $5,000 totatlling $71,500. Expected delivery date is Nov 20-Jan 1 2023. With the recent EV tax credits, I'm thinking to defer the delivery to the first week of Jan 2023 even though not sure if the Model Y would be eligible with the battery source requirements. According to Musk's latest tweet, the price of the FSD is going to increase from $12,000 to $15,000 from Sep 5th. If I add FSD now, would that be considered as the car price? Will that make me ineligible for the tax credits (lower price at the point of sale)? Does the $80,000 limit on SUVs in the EV bill include sales tax?
I believe if you defer you may go to the back of the line.

The estimate can and will move all around, and as tons (and tons) of people try to delay, others will get moved up. We saw this story last year when everyone was delaying to try to get a tax credit that did not end up materializing. Thats when tesla put that verbiage into the order agreement btw, and started cracking down on these delay tactics.

Im just telling you to expect to have to take delivery this year based on when you ordered, and not to expect to be able to put in a bunch of delay tactics trying to get into next year.
i just ordered a Model Y 2 days ago and my EDD was 3/23 - 7/23 .. today it changed to 12/22- 1/23 my other 2 Tesla's EDD was jumping all over the place also .. im guessing it really will now because of the TAX Credit ..

Hello,

Limit doesn’t include sales tax so you will be fine either way with or without FSD. But that is IF model y qualifies for full $7500 rebate because at this point no one’s know what’s qualified for 2023.