Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to a Tesla Advisor and asked if there was any Model Y demo cars that were being used for test drives, and come to find out, the Tesla store in Rhode Island have 2 [Performance and AWD]! We're test driving the All Wheel Drive model.

Its all contact-less, they clean/sanitize the cars between each test drive and you get to drive by yourself + another person for 30 minutes (Masks and gloves are required when test driving).

They managed to squeeze my wife and I for next week, we are so pumped! This will be the final factor to help us decide between Model 3 vs a Model Y.

We are in Western Massachusetts, but the 1hour 45min drive will be worth it.

The Tesla Advisor mentioned that the Warwick location was the only place in New England that had demo Model Ys for contact-less test drives.
That appears to still be the case. I submitted an online request for a Model Y test drive to Tesla.com over the weekend and was initially encouraged to see the Peabody MA service center in the drop-down list. Got a call about a day later from someone who said Model Y test drives are only being arranged through Warwick. But, he says, "If you already have a Model 3, it might be kind of a waste of a trip. They are exactly the same." When I reminded him that there is a noticeable size difference and, as a result, a possible change in ride and handling that I wanted to check out, he said, "Well, yeah, that's true." :eek: I said I'd be interested in making the trip but would have to look at my calendar and get back to him but that I was concerned because (from my first hand knowledge of the Tesla 'experience') I told him "I know I will never be able to talk to you again if we hang up without an appointment." He said, "Oh no problem, I'll just email you and when you're ready you can just reply to my email!." As of this posting still no email from him.

That appears to still be the case. I submitted an online request for a Model Y test drive to Tesla.com over the weekend and was initially encouraged to see the Peabody MA service center in the drop-down list. Got a call about a day later from someone who said Model Y test drives are only being arranged through Warwick. But, he says, "If you already have a Model 3, it might be kind of a waste of a trip. They are exactly the same." When I reminded him that there is a noticeable size difference and, as a result, a possible change in ride and handling that I wanted to check out, he said, "Well, yeah, that's true." :eek: I said I'd be interested in making the trip but would have to look at my calendar and get back to him but that I was concerned because (from my first hand knowledge of the Tesla 'experience') I told him "I know I will never be able to talk to you again if we hang up without an appointment." He said, "Oh no problem, I'll just email you and when you're ready you can just reply to my email!." As of this posting still no email from him.

You’ve might have done it already but if you go to Schedule a Test Drive, enter your information and then select the Warwick location, it will give you dates and times to test drive.

Attachments

• E54BAE2A-7E35-4FBF-ACB5-76A36CA1E29C.png
    E54BAE2A-7E35-4FBF-ACB5-76A36CA1E29C.png
    274.7 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: JATinNH
A test drive is worth it to compare to a Model 3. The main difference is how much more quiet the Y is than the 3. Of course it’s also nice to see how much space is in the car and how good the handling is. As soon as my wife (Stealth Model 3) rode in my Model Y, she ordered one. Having had multiple Models S and 3s, the Y is the most perfect car for us Tesla has ever made. A neck-snapping, right sized, cargo carrier with no emissions. We’ll be enjoying ours for many years. My wife got her VIN early this week. Delivery possible next week or more confidently the week after, depending on shipping from California. Her VIN is in the 11,000s.

After our test drive, my wife and I went with the Model 3. As much as the Y is amazing, the roof, heat pump, all the space and ride hight, the price difference wasn’t worth it to us.

We’re not hauling things, we’re not planing to have kids, and missing out on the Mass rebate wasnt worth going to the Y for us.

that could change in the future but right now, I’m loving my Mode 3 LR

After our test drive, my wife and I went with the Model 3. As much as the Y is amazing, the roof, heat pump, all the space and ride hight, the price difference wasn’t worth it to us.

We’re not hauling things, we’re not planing to have kids, and missing out on the Mass rebate wasnt worth going to the Y for us.

that could change in the future but right now, I’m loving my Mode 3 LR

Congratulations, I’ve had mine since March and just completed my first long drive (7 hrs each way) I’m more in love with the car today than when I got it, it keeps getting better. My wife was a little hesitant to take my car on the road trip ( she has a Mercedes SUV) but after the first super charger she was blown away. Her next car will 100% be a Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: venezing
You’ve might have done it already but if you go to Schedule a Test Drive, enter your information and then select the Warwick location, it will give you dates and times to test drive.

Are you sure this works for Model Y? When I select Model Y after entering my information it brings me to a page stating someone will contact me (nobody does). When I select any other Model, I can pick a location.