Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if I were Tesla I would prioritise those who have not ordered. What is the point of offering test drives to those who have already ordered. Its not likely many will order a second one on the back of it. :)
I agree.

From my POV I’m not convinced I NEED the Y anymore and want to check the feedback that the ride is harsh before deciding to pay the balance (or lose £100).

Reactions: RichardTheKing
I agree.

From my POV I’m not convinced I NEED the Y anymore and want to check the feedback that the ride is harsh before deciding to pay the balance (or lose £100).
In the same place re my deposit on a Y LR. Do I really want to risk a trade from my current 71 plate M3 LR to a slower SUV with less range, and which may have a ride so harsh it will break what’s left of my back teeth, and see my wife and 8 year old reaching for the sick bag?

The short answer is no, as having come into the M3 from an SQ5 I’ve been pleasantly surprised as to just how much I’m enjoying the sharper handling (but very acceptable ride) of an old school saloon!

As such, I’ve moved my Y LR deposit back into a summer performance Y, which fixes my performance concerns, and buys me some time to better asses the space / ride conundrum…

In the same place re my deposit on a Y LR. Do I really want to risk a trade from my current 71 plate M3 LR to a slower SUV with less range, and which may have a ride so harsh it will break what’s left of my back teeth, and see my wife and 8 year old reaching for the sick bag?

The short answer is no, as having come into the M3 from an SQ5 I’ve been pleasantly surprised as to just how much I’m enjoying the sharper handling (but very acceptable ride) of an old school saloon!

As such, I’ve moved my Y LR deposit back into a summer performance Y, which fixes my performance concerns, and buys me some time to better asses the space / ride conundrum…
We resisted ordering the MYP due to the reports of the harsher ride. Head over heart but the desire was strong to go with the P version. We plan to keep the M3P so it made it less difficult a choice.

I ordered very early in the morning of the 15th October but haven’t been offered a test drive in this round. I may be pausing delivery to Q2 and wait to see what UK spec cars come with, but I def want to drive on standard and optional LR wheels before making a final choice.

I ordered very early in the morning of the 15th October but haven’t been offered a test drive in this round. I may be pausing delivery to Q2 and wait to see what UK spec cars come with, but I def want to drive on standard and optional LR wheels before making a final choice.
I’m exactly the same. Hoping the inductions aren’t as bad as the reports.

FYI. After applying for the test drive earlier and getting the rejection due to all slots being taken I have now received this text message…..

Attachments

• C97099C0-3AFE-48A3-85D9-328091AF27B0.jpeg
    C97099C0-3AFE-48A3-85D9-328091AF27B0.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 77
If anyones going for a test drive over the next couple of weeks would you mind chasing them on getting the MY added to the EV home charger grant list please?
I emailed them about this late last year. Here's their response from 29th December:

Good Afternoon Adrian,

Thank you for your email.

It is great to hear you have ordered a Tesla Model Y – we can’t wait to welcome you to the Tesla family!

We have great news also! We have applied for our model to be added to this list of approved vehicles and once actioned by the UK Government, this should be available and part of this scheme for you.

Kind Regards,
Katy
UK Sales and Delivery
I therefore suspect it's out of their hands now and just waiting on the government to add it to their scheme.

I emailed them about this late last year. Here's their response from 29th December:

I therefore suspect it's out of their hands now and just waiting on the government to add it to their scheme.
Coincidentally I received some responses on this from OZEV and Tesla today.

OZEV say it’s up to the manufacturer to to apply.

My local Tesla advisors say they don’t know when Tesla will apply, but it might be tight with UK spec cars not around until March (ish).

Quite annoying. I think I spotted the Mercedes EQS on there which I suspect won’t be ‘in country’ before March (just a hunch though).

Suggest you pester your local Tesla advisor (strength in numbers!). For me it could mean the charger being an extra £350+, not ideal.

See above. I was also querying this with my local Tesla advisor at around the same time. Hopefully yours is correct @ajbrun