Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wound up going 15% on the front sides (Formula One Pinnacle) plus Air 80 on the windshield.

This is the darkest I've ever gone with tint (usually do 25-30%) but decided to go for it since it would match better and the white interior really lightens things up. I'm glad I did, I love it. Seeing all the pics on here really helped my decision, so here's a quick picture right after I got it done. Will try to take some more pics outdoors soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    742.4 KB · Views: 253
Marry a wife who is allergic to the sun, and allergic to sunscreen... Then you will always get tinting exemptions... I've had it on every car since we were married forever ago...

NYS Department of Health (medical review unit) has authority over tinting exemptions, which requires a form MV80w submitted to the Medical Review Unit. Part of the form (page 2) requires a medical provider (MD, NP, PA) attest to the medical condition. My wife has "any other" with a condition of "Polymorphic Light Eruption" which is fancy medical speak for her skin breaks out with exposure to the sun. Without tint a 20–30-minute drive will cause her skin to break out with bumps all over where exposed.

What tops it off is, as I said, she is allergic to sunscreen... Crazy right?

This exemption allows the tinting of any window to any level of your choosing. The only requirement is that you should be able to see... So, I would imagine the only way you can be ticketed (legally ticketed) is if you had an accident and they could prove that it was because of your inability to see that caused it. But at that point a ticket would be the least of your concerns.

You also can apply for any vehicle they routinely are a passenger in. Not just our vehicles. So, if she rides in a friend's car regularly, they can apply for the tint on their vehicle for her comfort.
Correct:

Screenshot_20240104_122750_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: JayPaul