Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Vortex Ceramic Tint installed. 55 on the front windshield and 25 on the front side windows to match the rear factory
3DAA91AE-D26E-4084-A41A-FA7D3EF09F40.jpeg
3A79A97B-6BC6-43FC-9578-7EFBC9A1B569.jpeg
A2F457FE-CC6D-4987-B458-BD097018BF46.jpeg
ED1180DA-77C5-4E85-9EE7-A4E08CFDF6DD.jpeg

Do you guys with the rear hatch window tinted notice halos on the defroster wires when car lights hit it at night. My other car’s tinted rear gets that at night and it’s annoying... I’m just worried that the smaller view will be further diminished from the back.

View attachment 598264 View attachment 598265 View attachment 598266 Thread needs more red. Llumar CTX ceramic 15% on front two windows and 70% on
View attachment 598264 View attachment 598265 View attachment 598266 Thread needs more red. Llumar CTX ceramic 15% on front two windows and 70% on windshield.

Have you thought of tinting your headlights? I’m still debating for mine but looking at your pics from the side it might just put it over the top. Matching a complete blacked out contrast to the metallic paint.

I find it interesting that, while the White MY is most prevalent, it is a rarity in this thread. One would imagine window tinting would contrast most dramatically against a white body.
Also, as a Tesla owner living in NYS, i have found that our state police will frequently stop cars with window tint, and claim that "any tint beyond factory is illegal." I've always wondered if the tint provides a premise for getting one's car stopped and searched in NYS. Additionally, several months ago, our local Pep Boys refused to give our MDX a NYS Inspection Sticker due to it's window tint. Another local repair shop passed it without hesitation.

I am looking for pedestrian’s, kids on bikes, cars making unexpected turns, road debris, joggers, dogs, cats ect...
I am also surprised that some are able to get their front windshields tinted since that’s illegal in virtually every state other than the top 5 or 6 inches. There is a reason it’s illegal.

I am looking for pedestrian’s, kids on bikes, cars making unexpected turns, road debris, joggers, dogs, cats ect...
I am also surprised that some are able to get their front windshields tinted since that’s illegal in virtually every state other than the top 5 or 6 inches. There is a reason it’s illegal.

To each their own, but I have to ask - are there a lot of night time joggers and stray dogs and cats on the road where you live? The pedestrian fatalities in Las Vegas are due, in large part, to those individuals not being in a marked crosswalk. I do not have any kids but I cannot imagine I would want a kid 1) riding their bike at night; and, 2) riding their bike at night and on a road.