Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
37D5566E-E700-4411-A75A-DDDEF9B212BC.jpeg
thanks! Happy with it. Just did tint on front windshield, passenger and driver.

What tint did you use? So while I love the Xpel Prime XR Black...it’s has a slight black/blue hue...looks great on the Dark Blue Metallic paint...but slightly off from the OEM that has a slight brown/amber hue. No one will tell except me perhaps...I did the Front WS and Passenger and Driver as well.

Reading forums many said 3M Ceramic and Crystalline has a closer match to OEM...

Curious on what you used...you nailed it

View attachment 592813

What tint did you use? So while I love the Xpel Prime XR Black...it’s has a slight black/blue hue...looks great on the Dark Blue Metallic paint...but slightly off from the OEM that has a slight brown/amber hue. No one will tell except me perhaps...I did the Front WS and Passenger and Driver as well.

Reading forums many said 3M Ceramic and Crystalline has a closer match to OEM...

Curious on what you used...you nailed it

It’s the 3M Ceramic. I do get a bit of halo on lights at night. Your’s is looking clean as well! Here’s another shot

Attachments

• 83561C1D-7AF7-4EEF-A0DA-E0CBF945F70A.jpeg
    83561C1D-7AF7-4EEF-A0DA-E0CBF945F70A.jpeg
    658.2 KB · Views: 1,353
Just got mine done with ceramic tint! 70% on the windshield and 20% on the fronts. I don’t know what % the back 2 windows got but I asked that they try to match it with the front without going darker in the back.

Attachments

• 1BEE34BE-9338-4DB3-90AB-82E0296BE2AB.jpeg
    1BEE34BE-9338-4DB3-90AB-82E0296BE2AB.jpeg
    398.9 KB · Views: 1,351
  • B06420EC-D82F-43FE-8AE7-9CA2DF450185.jpeg
    B06420EC-D82F-43FE-8AE7-9CA2DF450185.jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 1,305
Just got mine done with ceramic tint! 70% on the windshield and 20% on the fronts. I don’t know what % the back 2 windows got but I asked that they try to match it with the front without going darker in the back.

Beautiful....I wish I didn’t have to deal with NJ laws or I would have went with 20% in the fronts. I also did 70% on the WS. Here is what 30% looks like for the fronts with OEM for the rears...

Attachments

• 4938B78F-64DD-4C2A-9C18-C994DD5C7C85.jpeg
    4938B78F-64DD-4C2A-9C18-C994DD5C7C85.jpeg
    809.9 KB · Views: 1,338
Reactions: ejkcy25 and Kbonay
Is there a thread that discusses XPEL vs 3M Ceramic or Crystalline and how well they match the OEM Hue? It seems most places in the Chicago area do XPEL, but I think I read it has more of a blue hue. Just really want something that blocks intense sun, and isn't distracting as a front seat passenger.

Is there a thread that discusses XPEL vs 3M Ceramic or Crystalline and how well they match the OEM Hue? It seems most places in the Chicago area do XPEL, but I think I read it has more of a blue hue. Just really want something that blocks intense sun, and isn't distracting as a front seat passenger.

I’ve done a decent amount of research and have seen them all and here are my thoughts.

“XPEL Prime XR Plus“ - Has a blue tint to it. Approx 95% match to OEM. If you have OCD and you just want to do the fronts...don’t get it. Excellent product for IR rejection and 20% or more cheaper than 3M Crystalline...both I would put on par.

“XPEL Prime XR Black” (What I have) - Its a True Black. I would say this is a 98% match to OEM. Only the owner might notice. Looks great against the Blue Metallic paint. ‘Much’ better than 3M Ceramic when it comes to IR rejection and at the same price point.

3M Ceramic and 3M Crystalline match OEM at 99-100% OEM...but comparatively overpriced when compared to Xpel.

All of the films you mentioned will block intense sun well; however, if you're looking for a film with superior performance, Spectra Photosync is what you want. It's the best film on the market and at this time you will not find a film that will outperform it.

This post is what helped me to decide on 3M Ceramic vs. Crystalline. Full discussion thread: Ceramic Tint or Crystalline?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200929-203526.png
    Screenshot_20200929-203526.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,173
  • Informative
Reactions: shipapotamus
This post is what helped me to decide on 3M Ceramic vs. Crystalline. Full discussion thread: Ceramic Tint or Crystalline?

That post was from 2014 and as relevant as the iPhone 6 to today’s phones! I have 3M crystalline on 2 cars including my Model 3 but got Spectra Photosync IRD 70 on the Model Y back and windshield, and Ceralux IRD 20 for front side windows.. the performance is significantly better and being inside the car my wife and kid forgot how hot the sun was beating down today as we got out of the car.. in Seattle the only shop that can install it is NW Auto Salon in Lynwood