Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look from the inside out, you'll see that your front windows are in fact darker than the rears. Throw a meter on them, and they will measure about 16-17% while the rears measure 23-24%. It will match better from the outside, but the actual matching tint would be closer to 30%.

My M3P has 30% all the way around on it, and the fronts appear lighter than the rears due to the amount of light that comes in from the windshield. That's pretty typical unless you tint the windshield to match the sides/rear.
Yea, I was just stating that based on the original post asking about tinting the front windows only to match the factory tint. Most people are referring to the exterior look from what I gather (including myself). Inside the vehicle it’s actually closer than you would think. I can get a picture if people are curious on the model Y. Never took one from inside before. If I was tinting a fresh car with no tint, I would tint it all the same % like you did.

Installed today 20% on front doors and 70% on windshield. XPEL XR Prime

IMG_4576 copy.jpg

IMG_4578 copy.jpg

IMG_4577 copy.jpg

We've always stayed within the legal limits here in NC (35%). It’s noticeably lighter than the factory rears, but it provided enough privacy to meet our expectations.
Same here in Toronto and we're looking to do the same on our white/white MYP. I like your 35% as I want to see the white interior from the outside, but did you tint the rear as well? If not, how does it look from the inside of the vehicle?

Same here in Toronto and we're looking to do the same on our white/white MYP. I like your 35% as I want to see the white interior from the outside, but did you tint the rear as well? If not, how does it look from the inside of the vehicle?

I only had the fronts tinted (45% XPEL Prime CS, final meter reading was ~35%). The difference in darkness from front to rear translates to the inside-out view as well.

Installed today 20% on front doors and 70% on windshield. XPEL XR Prime

View attachment 765315
View attachment 765316
View attachment 765318

This looks great - the fronts and back match quite well! I'm hoping to do the same but worried about how dark things look from the inside... any chance you can take some pics out the windshield vs out the front windows for comparison?
Also, how much darker than stock did it make the windshield after adding 70% on it?

15% front, 35% rears. I had 35% all around, but it was too light in front. Unfortunately my tint shop only has 15 and 35, so I went to 15. Just waiting to get pulled over now lol.
lol I had same issue 35% is too light for me and the shop I went to only has 15% and 35% no 20% or 25% I am going to different shop on Friday. So torn between 20-25 I am leaning more and more to 20% tho haha

Reactions: samori01
Hi all,
Newish 2022 MY LR7 owner here. I am going to likely tint my windows as I like to have max UV protection- I have sensitive skin (don't care too much about the color) but do most people tint the rear window in the hatch? Are there any electronics or heating/defrosting things to worry about getting damaged? Also, did you all match the rear windows? or too dark to see out of? I find it hard to see that much through the rear hatch window already!

Also is the 3M color Stable event? Seems like the best bang for the buck? Some ceramics in the film but not too pricey like full ceramics?!

Thanks!

Do you think its necessary to add another layer of tint? Or does it feel super hot?
I haven't gone through a summer yet with my car but plan to do 3M Crystalline. Eventhough the UVA/UVB protection is supposed to be the same, with the other levels of 3M film -the Color Stable and Ceramic IR, I figure might as well get the max heat protection also as summers can be hot here and I have black seats! Its a close call with the Ceramic IR but think people are saying Crystalline is better to see through?