Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Tow Package available soon from Tesla Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure the logic here, spend all this money a new car and then go cheap on accessories for it when the official product is quite $ cheap and includes software and full warranty and it's installed by Tesla themselves

The logic is to support good 3rd party sellers, on parts that are just as good as the Tesla parts. There are no warranty issues. I didn't want the software.

Support the Aussie business selling and installing Tesla parts. We may need them in the future. Like we needed them for the Model 3 towbar installation.

Reactions: S.Burns72
Not sure the logic here, spend all this money a new car and then go cheap on accessories for it when the official product is quite $ cheap and includes software and full warranty and it's installed by Tesla themselves
I think the main thing is some of the aftermarket ones have a higher ball weight figure (160kg) vs Tesla’s.

Reactions: dmov
The logic is to support good 3rd party sellers, on parts that are just as good as the Tesla parts. There are no warranty issues. I didn't want the software.

Support the Aussie business selling and installing Tesla parts. We may need them in the future. Like we needed them for the Model 3 towbar installation.
Yeah but using that logic Tesla will then perceive there is no demand and remove it or not prioritise future compatibility.

Yeah but using that logic Tesla will then perceive there is no demand and remove it or not prioritise future compatibility.
1.8 million Tesla's sold worldwide in 2023. 28.000 in Australia. Australian's supporting their local 3rd party auto industries, will have no impact on Tesla or their cars. Meanwhile it will have a huge impact local 3rd party auto industries.

I went and visited Carasel Towbars at Fully Charge Live. They ran me through the installation and did an install on a Model 3 whilst I was there. Tesla were no where to be seen. So when you can. Support your local industries. We need them, when the parent company is not local.

Reactions: RichY3
I went and visited Carasel Towbars at Fully Charge Live. They ran me through the installation and did an install on a Model 3 whilst I was there. Tesla were no where to be seen. So when you can. Support your local industries.

It will be very interesting to see who turns up at Everything Electric (formerly Fully Charged Live) this year. They’ve moved out to Homebush to bigger premises, but also some of the legacies in 2023 downgraded their EV plans as they’ve found it harder to make EVs than they thought at a price that can compete with Tesla and BYD. Also, “costa living” might have an impact.

The show is on next month and also expanded to 3 days, starting on Friday 9th.

You'd think Nissan should make a appearance given it's Nissan Leaf is partly made in Australia at their Nissan Casting Australia Plant (NCAP) at the Dandenong plant, Victoria. I think Aust still builds the EV inverter water jacket cover & casing and the motor’s stator housing.

The Model Y Tow Package service installable has been "coming soon" since the Y was launched in June 2022, with the option to be emailed for updates.

This morning I received an update email to say :

Now all I need is a Model Y!

Perth MYP VINs, where are you?

The tow model Y is great
Clean and professional
A big plus is the magnetic cover found on Amazon
Just installed on my MYP
Recommended
I know I am on a Aussie thread
You guys should have availability to the cover
Cheers

EV Stealth towbar comes with magnetic cover and nice Tesla symbolled handle.

Only thing is. The magnet is so strong, it's hard to fit the cover sometimes. But I'm used to it now.

1704773471962.png

Reactions: S.Burns72 and dmov