Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Towbar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr H

Jan 6, 2020
Manchester
Has anyone experience of using an aftermarket towbar on the MY?? I'm getting pretty fed up with Tesla being out of stock and having bought a Gobur Carousel, we're itching to try it out. I know you won't get the 'software package' but that shouldn't be a problem as other cars do just fine. I'm more concerned with the parking sensors constantly complaining whilst going down the motorway.

I think you probably do need the software package as it changes how the car reacts to sudden movements, swerving etc. Without towing option engaged, you risk it behaving unexpectedly in an emergency situation. It also changes the energy use algorithm, which although is not essential is nice to have when route planning as it builds in additional charge stops.

Rather than starting a new thread. Has anyone tried an aftermarket tow bar?
I’m needing a tow bar for a bike carrier not to tow stuff so not wanting to spend well over a grand on the Tesla one to carry bikes.
Not too keen on roof bars as the model y is too tall and already have a bike carrier.