Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Trade In values FROM Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone trade in their model Y for another? I’m thinking of doing it to get heated steering (my wife’s car) and the ridiculous used car values. Unfortunately Tesla will NOT give me even a vague idea of what they would give for my low mileage 2021 10k LR model Y I’m very good condition.

Anyone trade in a model Y and willing to share what Tesla is offering? I’m assuming below 15-20% market value for used.
Thx

Anyone trade in their model Y for another? I’m thinking of doing it to get heated steering (my wife’s car) and the ridiculous used car values. Unfortunately Tesla will NOT give me even a vague idea of what they would give for my low mileage 2021 10k LR model Y I’m very good condition.

Anyone trade in a model Y and willing to share what Tesla is offering? I’m assuming below 15-20% market value for used.
Thx
Tesla is not currently giving trade in offers.

Try a 3rd party like Carvana or Vroom. Or just sell privately.

Thx
I'd go thru 3rd party like shift or vroom. Tesla will low ball you and them sale the car for alot higher price.

Thx for the input, yeah I was going to get quotes from Vroom as well. Just that for Nevada, we get a trade in sales tax credit, for example, if Tesla gives me $60k for trade in, and my MY22 is $65000, I only pay sales tax on the remaining $5000. But appreciate your guys advice. They do offer trade in valuation btw, but only closer to delivery date :D its on their website.

Thx for the input, yeah I was going to get quotes from Vroom as well. Just that for Nevada, we get a trade in sales tax credit, for example, if Tesla gives me $60k for trade in, and my MY22 is $65000, I only pay sales tax on the remaining $5000. But appreciate your guys advice. They do offer trade in valuation btw, but only closer to delivery date :D its on their website.
just wonder if you have traded in your car?

We thought we were close to getting out MYP (hahahaha), so Tesla reached out to price our 21 MY LR (9k) miles for trade. They offered about $63k for it, which ended up being the best of the bunch (Carvana, GMTV, Driveway, etc.) when you factored in the $3k sales tax savings on our new car. Their offer is good through end of month.

Reactions: preilly44
just wonder if you have traded in your car?
Hey I just saw this. Unfortunately Tesla has played games with delivery, they moved it up to end of September and then did not deliver now it’s back to December which is idiotic bc that’s the time line for delivery on a new order. My trade in value of $62k in July was expired, I redid it for September delivery and it was $55k. That expired too. Awaiting a new one but likely to be less and we are thinking of just canceling our order bc of the games they are playing.

I'm not trading in a Tesla, but I can't even get Tesla to give me a Trade In offer on my car. I've been asking for weeks. Delivery is just one week away. Are they always this bad on getting people trade in offers?

Have tried to trade in my 2021 Tesla Y LR AWD with 23K miles on it and was getting ~$60K a month ago, turn 1 Nov, it's $53K max, 12% drop in 4 weeks, at this rate it's worth nothing by the end of the year :/ Realizing used car market is correcting itself but was a sharp decline I wasn't expecting. In June we tried to buy my dad a Tesla and couldn't find a single one in all of the city, and now every lot has about 4 of them, it's an insane shift in 4 months... thanks gas prices

I'm not trading in a Tesla, but I can't even get Tesla to give me a Trade In offer on my car. I've been asking for weeks. Delivery is just one week away. Are they always this bad on getting people trade in offers?

Alright so here's my story. I'm selling a 2015 Prius Three, ~80K mi, great mechanical condition, good overall cosmetic condition with a few flaws here and there. After not hearing on a trade offer several times after receiving a VIN this past Monday, I started trying to sell on my own. KBB private party value was 15-17K. Went to a few sites online, got varying offers between 9K - 11K.

Decided to try going for a direct sale, posted a Craigslist ad. Initial contacts were just scammers, nothing productive after 48 hrs. Had given up on CL. Resubmitted to Carmax today and got a $12,600 offer. But also got a text from a Carwiser buyer. Was unfamiliar with the company, but apparently their buyers browse CL to put in cars for offers. Ended up with a $15,300 offer from EchoPark Automotive, and that was with me sending all pictures of the flaws.

After all of this, and another text haranguing Tesla earlier in the day, Tesla came through with a $13,200 offer.

Moral of the story, just try going to Carwiser first. They take the info, and get you offers from 3-5 of the various online places. Would have been much eaiser if I knew about them initially and just went there to start.

• Informative
Reactions: randmness
Alright so here's my story. I'm selling a 2015 Prius Three, ~80K mi, great mechanical condition, good overall cosmetic condition with a few flaws here and there. After not hearing on a trade offer several times after receiving a VIN this past Monday, I started trying to sell on my own. KBB private party value was 15-17K. Went to a few sites online, got varying offers between 9K - 11K.

Decided to try going for a direct sale, posted a Craigslist ad. Initial contacts were just scammers, nothing productive after 48 hrs. Had given up on CL. Resubmitted to Carmax today and got a $12,600 offer. But also got a text from a Carwiser buyer. Was unfamiliar with the company, but apparently their buyers browse CL to put in cars for offers. Ended up with a $15,300 offer from EchoPark Automotive, and that was with me sending all pictures of the flaws.

After all of this, and another text haranguing Tesla earlier in the day, Tesla came through with a $13,200 offer.

Moral of the story, just try going to Carwiser first. They take the info, and get you offers from 3-5 of the various online places. Would have been much eaiser if I knew about them initially and just went there to start.
Did you end up selling to Carwiser? How does it work in terms of final transaction? Do you drop off the car somewhere, or?

Did you end up selling to Carwiser? How does it work in terms of final transaction? Do you drop off the car somewhere, or?
Ended up selling yesterday to EchoPark for $15,250.

So you don't sell to Carwiser; Carwiser goes out an gets the offers from buyers like Carmax, Vroom, Carvana, EchoPark, etc. You pick an offer and then follow the process of the folks you're selling to. In my case, I set up an appointment to drop off at an EchoPark office, they checked out the car, verified their final offer, then ultimately gave me a check. I had a check in hand about 2.5 hrs after dropping off the car.

Worked out well, as at one point I was seeing offers as low as $9K. Carwiser really helped me to find what I think would be the best offer I'd get on a short timeline.

Reactions: Kokukenji
Nope they offered $12K below KBB - overall my model Y has now lost another $7K this month alone. There’s some interesting stuff happening in the market but I think Elon’s twitter mess hasn’t helped this as quite a few dealers have mentioned people are bringing in their cars because they don’t want to “be associated with him” anymore. Economics of over supply working with decreasing used car prices and increased production from Tesla I guess. Still pissed about it though

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird and GOVA

Thx
I’m actually looking for a black long range 2021/2022 model y
I have a 2021 model y performance… with 🔥steering wheel 😆