Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Trailer 7 Pin to 13 Pin Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Difficult to tell from the title, but the Tesla electrics are 13 pin, but only iirc 7 functioning. So standard 13 pin connector required.

I guess your trailer may be 7 pin though. Certainly on Model 3, I cant see anything unusual that would prevent a standard adaptor to be fitted. Or alternatively, a short extension cable?

Thanks, I got a bike rack which has a light board that only has 7 pins, I bought an adapter from Amazon didn’t work, as it had a side clip. Not much space in that place. Will see if I can find something else and try it out. Thanks

Used the 13/7 converter, which is the twist type, and it worked (photos attached). The twist is not a full turn but was secure, and my light board worked, and the trailer light came on the display. It is raining so didn't do multiple tests, but noticed that the trailer light needed to be manually turned off, so will test that out when the sun comes back. This adaptor was from Halfords, but can get them from most reputable online shops.

Attachments

• IMG_4267.JPG
    IMG_4267.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_4266.JPG
    IMG_4266.JPG
    839.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4265.JPG
    IMG_4265.JPG
    587.8 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    463.5 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Used the 13/7 converter, which is the twist type, and it worked (photos attached). The twist is not a full turn but was secure, and my light board worked, and the trailer light came on the display. It is raining so didn't do multiple tests, but noticed that the trailer light needed to be manually turned off, so will test that out when the sun comes back. This adaptor was from Halfords, but can get them from most reputable online shops.

It looks like the first picture @hairysteve posted answered my question. What connector is on the Y (I expect mine in a month and a half)? Want to make sure I have the correct adapters for my trailer when I get the car. Thanks for the pix!

Awesome, I used this in the end, worked brilliantly.

JVJ 7 pin To 13 Pin Trailer Adapter Lead Converter with Cable Wiring Connector 12V Plug socket for trailer boat trailer car tractor car trailer caravan caravan

Reactions: hairysteve