Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y TSF 19" Tesla Model Y Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone out there purchase the new TSF 19" wheels from TSportline? IF so, how do they look?

Not the 19s but I just bought the 20" TSF in space gray for my incoming MYP. Supposed to be taking delivery one day next week and will be putting the TSF's on very shortly after. Will post some pics when its done!

Not the 19s but I just bought the 20" TSF in space gray for my incoming MYP. Supposed to be taking delivery one day next week and will be putting the TSF's on very shortly after. Will post some pics when its done!
Hi , new to this forum... My wife and I are expecting our MYLR the first week of October... Wanted to know if you will be selling your MYP's rims or are interested in a trade? Thanks

Reactions: mdsco
Anyone out there purchase the new TSF 19" wheels from TSportline? IF so, how do they look?

tempImageYDKTZn.jpg

Finally got em mounted! On 275/40/20 Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra. Definite improvement in ride quality especially over imperfect/broken roads. Can absolutely feel the lightness of the wheels, really significant difference in handling compared to the Ubers and the acceleration feels MUCH quicker (no #'s on this, just the butt dyno). 10/10 would recommend.

I'll be taking more pics after she gets some window tint later this week.

View attachment 856872

Finally got em mounted! On 275/40/20 Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra. Definite improvement in ride quality especially over imperfect/broken roads. Can absolutely feel the lightness of the wheels, really significant difference in handling compared to the Ubers and the acceleration feels MUCH quicker (no #'s on this, just the butt dyno). 10/10 would recommend.

I'll be taking more pics after she gets some window tint later this week.
Now that you've had the TSFs a few weeks would you say they are less prone to curb rash then the 21" Uberturbines? Or, is curb rash going to be a characteristic of any aftermarket wheel for the Model Y because of the way the car is engineered? Thanks

Now that you've had the TSFs a few weeks would you say they are less prone to curb rash then the 21" Uberturbines? Or, is curb rash going to be a characteristic of any aftermarket wheel for the Model Y because of the way the car is engineered? Thanks

Curb rash probability is almost entirely a function of tire size/width relative to wheel size/width and not the rest of the vehicle's design.

Generally speaking:
1. Wide tire on a narrow wheel = sidewall tire rubber protrudes out further than the face of the wheel, so the tire will theoretically hit the curb first thus protecting the wheel
2. Narrow tire on a wide wheel = the wheel face protrudes out further than the tire's sidewall, so the the wheel will theoretically hit the curb first instead of the tire

Tesla chose option #2 for their OEM setup likely for efficiency's sake (aerodynamics) to pump up those EPA range estimates. The diameter (height) of the wheel also plays a small part, as smaller wheels are of course shorter and have a greater chance of sitting "above" a curb depending on the size of the curb.

All that said, I paired these TSF wheels which are 10" wide with 275 width tires which are 10.8" wide, so I have a little more curb rash protection than the OEM setup. I'm still very careful about pulling up next to curbs though - attention and diligence will ultimately be the best protection :)

Reactions: citywide4100