Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if standard range RWD will be offered here in UK soon. Its available in Hong Kong (RHD) in Q1 2022 where as there are no dates for the others,
Maybe all the RHD LR and P are shipped to the UK in Q1 2022 🤞
P not available until ‘mid-22’ according to Tesla, so unlikely Q1. Don’t think the Shanghai factory has delivered any MYP to any market just yet, even LHD.

Are people seeing VINS now? I can’t check mine as it is a company car order but can anyone else check and confirm?

Attachments

• 3D379AD5-174F-433B-933B-79A269D881FC.png
    3D379AD5-174F-433B-933B-79A269D881FC.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 159
No VIN for me yet, I also ordered on the morning of 15th October 21. I keep checking but not really expecting anything to appear until Mid December at the earliest, but could be later if the UK Model Y's are going to be towards the end of quarter 1 2022.
Who knows what Tesla mean by 'Early 2022'
From everything I have read it looked like the UK MY's were going to be built at either Berlin or Shanghai, with Shanghai being the most likely as they are already building RHD cars for other markets. I've never seen mention of Freemont before the above tweet.

No VIN for me yet, I also ordered on the morning of 15th October 21. I keep checking but not really expecting anything to appear until Mid December at the earliest, but could be later if the UK Model Y's are going to be towards the end of quarter 1 2022.
Who knows what Tesla mean by 'Early 2022'
From everything I have read it looked like the UK MY's were going to be built at either Berlin or Shanghai, with Shanghai being the most likely as they are already building RHD cars for other markets. I've never seen mention of Freemont before the above tweet.
100% It's not going to be Fremont made. The USA has it's Model Y order-book filled until July-Sept 2022, there's absolutely no spare capacity to be building UK MY's there!

On this forum, our resident Shipping Expert has noted that the first lot of Model Y's in Jan-March 2022 will be Shanghai built. And April 2022 onwards will be Berlin built! For me personally, I'll be keeping an eye on the first LHD Model Y's coming out of Berlin for Germany and France, to see how the quality stacks-up against the Shanghai ones; in addition to any new features

Reactions: jlz78
I spoke to my contact at the lease company today (I have a MY on order and he said they've ordered about 60-70 in total so far). He said he's nothing heard anything directly from Tesla, not that he expects to till next year, but had heard from one of the finance companies that they thought they had negotiated a deal to get the very first MYs at the start of Q1 (and had priced their lease deals higher because you'll be guaranteed one of the very first cars) but have now been told they'll be getting their order around the end of Feb, which is when Tesla expect the first shipments to land.

I also asked him about the VIN and he said doesn't expect that this year.

It's character forming. I waited 2 years on the Model 3 Reservation list, then 3 months from actual order to delivery. During the wait for delivery there were about 3 different times the prices were changed, the LR was discontinued at one point, the free colour changed and there was next to no information from Tesla. I then got 3 days notice to pay and collect.

I'm pretty sure I could cope with more or less anything these days.
Ah those where entertaining times. The pain has largely been forgotten, helped admittedly by the fact I bought Tesla shares at the same time

I spoke to my contact at the lease company today (I have a MY on order and he said they've ordered about 60-70 in total so far). He said he's nothing heard anything directly from Tesla, not that he expects to till next year, but had heard from one of the finance companies that they thought they had negotiated a deal to get the very first MYs at the start of Q1 (and had priced their lease deals higher because you'll be guaranteed one of the very first cars) but have now been told they'll be getting their order around the end of Feb, which is when Tesla expect the first shipments to land.

I also asked him about the VIN and he said doesn't expect that this year.
This makes sense with what I’ve heard from speaking to the lease companies. RWG group sent out a mail shot offering the Y for January delivery, they quickly sold out and said the next batch was due in February but at a higher price via a different funder. So it sounds like batches of Y’s will start landing in the UK from January.

Ordered M3 LR on 15 October via salary sacrifice, using Knowles.. Then order book opened for TY, so asked about swapping over to MY LR. No problem, expected delivery April / May.

The order processed, expected date of delivery - 23 June. Grrr.

Just had another message - EDD now end of September! :mad:

Anyone else facing a ten month wait??

Ordered M3 LR on 15 October via salary sacrifice, using Knowles.. Then order book opened for TY, so asked about swapping over to MY LR. No problem, expected delivery April / May.

Was just about to check my order and delivery dates in general but the Tesla website has gone south for now. Im sure when I checked last (a couple of days ago) it was still early 2021 delivery but I suppose the company you ordered with must have some inside contacts they deal with and must of been fed this information. Maybe someone else will come and shine a light.

Was just about to check my order and delivery dates in general but the Tesla website has gone south for now. Im sure when I checked last (a couple of days ago) it was still early 2021 delivery but I suppose the company you ordered with must have some inside contacts they deal with and must of been fed this information. Maybe someone else will come and shine a light.
where on the tesla website do you see your ETA?

Website is still quoting "Early 2022" if you try to do an order.

These look to be more P delivery dates? Unless there are mega loads of LR orders. But the Tesla website still says early 2022