Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A blue and a black one just appeared.

I went for one of the earlier ones too. Had to go up to inductions, so hope I don't regret that. Like Daavee waiting for trade in quote to be formalised. Managed to speak to Tesla, using call back option, was told to email DeliveryGB with my new RN and my existing RN and request my initial £100 deposit refunded back. Confirmed reg number starting GF, and now I have the sound in my head that my car is called Geoff :confused:

I booked MY on 21st March and completed the Tesla loan process which was approved instantly. I’ve also uploaded drivers license and other details at the time of booking. In next steps, I can see the Tesla bank details to transfer the deposit amount. My estimate,aged delivery surprisingly is 21st to 28th March, which is literally right now. I thought I’ll have to wait for email or text with exact delivery date and then I have to pay the deposit amount 48 hours before collection and email proof of payment to the Tesla email id. Is my understanding correct? Should I wait for the text or email or am I required to deposit the money now? Will the registration and VIN number generation stage happen only after I transfer the deposit amount? I don’t want to lose out on the delivery now if it is available. I have funds available to transfer now but I don’t want to mess up the sequence of order process by paying in advance.

I have selected silver MY with white interior and standard wheels

I went for one of the earlier ones too. Had to go up to inductions, so hope I don't regret that. Like Daavee waiting for trade in quote to be formalised. Managed to speak to Tesla, using call back option, was told to email DeliveryGB with my new RN and my existing RN and request my initial £100 deposit refunded back. Confirmed reg number starting GF, and now I have the sound in my head that my car is called Geoff :confused:
How did you find out your reg?

I booked MY on 21st March and completed the Tesla loan process which was approved instantly. I’ve also uploaded drivers license and other details at the time of booking. In next steps, I can see the Tesla bank details to transfer the deposit amount. My estimate,aged delivery surprisingly is 21st to 28th March, which is literally right now. I thought I’ll have to wait for email or text with exact delivery date and then I have to pay the deposit amount 48 hours before collection and email proof of payment to the Tesla email id. Is my understanding correct? Should I wait for the text or email or am I required to deposit the money now? Will the registration and VIN number generation stage happen only after I transfer the deposit amount? I don’t want to lose out on the delivery now if it is available. I have funds available to transfer now but I don’t want to mess up the sequence of order process by paying in advance.

I have selected silver MY with white interior and standard wheels
You don’t need to pay the deposit to receive your reg, vin or collection date, as long as you’ve got 4 ticks in your account then you’re all set

You don’t need to pay the deposit to receive your reg, vin or collection date, as long as you’ve got 4 ticks in your account then you’re all set
Mine is up to the payment bit. According to my Leasing company they are waiting for Tesla to register the vehicle and assign a Registration number to the car. They then will confirm this to the leasing company who get me to e-sign the contract, make the advance payment and set up the direct debit. Tesla then contact me to arrange a delivery date for the car. (I'm using ALD who are Tesla's preferred leasing supplier)

Mine is up to the payment bit. According to my Leasing company they are waiting for Tesla to register the vehicle and assign a Registration number to the car. They then will confirm this to the leasing company who get me to e-sign the contract, make the advance payment and set up the direct debit. Tesla then contact me to arrange a delivery date for the car. (I'm using ALD who are Tesla's preferred leasing supplier)
Leasing is different, as it’s your lease company who is Tesla’s customer, not you.

That’s my new baby on the ferry on its way back home to the Isle of Wight. Last car on, tried to politely ask the old man waving his bike within inches of my car to please be careful as it’s a brand new car to which I got rudely told to keep my distance. Needless to say I had to restrain myself from at least throwing his bike overboard 😂
F839A9F7-ADE3-43D5-95C2-95BA4089103C.jpeg

Quick question for those tho have already collected cars- did you bother sending proof of final payment to tesla sales within the final 48hrs prior to pick up?
Don't understand why they would need this as it's all in the app anyways.
Didn't bother with any of the last 3 Teslas I bought. They should send you an acknowledgement once they've got your payment anyway.

Reactions: Lord Fozworthy

have you ordered this

w366dhj9dgl3.jpeg

did you bother sending proof of final payment to tesla sales within the final 48hrs prior to pick up?

Yes, because I only got final invoice 18 hours, including an overnight, before collection.

If your account has changed status to "Paid" then it won't be needed (either to forward to DeliveryGB nor to have with you on-the-day). IME if DevlieryGB have cleared the payment (i.e. when your account has NOT progress to paid and you sent DevlieryGB proof-of-payment and they confirmed by email that collection had been cleared) then handover staff won't need it either - as far as they are concerned the account is marked as "OK for collection"

Reactions: Lord Fozworthy