Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! What is your spec?
White/Black/Geminis (So the very basic lowest price spec).

Interestingly when I ordered at beginning of Feb I had end of March date that then moved out to May and now its collect on Saturday. Spoke to them on the phone and said I cant collect Saturday and will be away until 1st April. They are going to try and get my pick up moved forward as they need it picked up by the end of March Quarter. Should be tomorrow as car is already sat at Bluewater. They will call me back this afternoon to confirm. Luckily im local to Bluewater (5 mins away) so I can get there whenever suits them.

Reactions: teaston
I haven’t heard anything since my welcome/congrats text, fingers crossed they match me to a car as was originally told end of March. Now annoyed as can see inventory cars matching my spec
I was the same until this morning. Had the original congrats text back on 9th Feb. Then nothing at all. Called a couple of times to be told looks like May as my order has not been matched with a car yet.

Then this morning I got text saying Tesla Update: Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements......

5 mins later i got another text... Tesla Update - Time to act! Your Model Y delivery has been scheduled for 12.30 on 26 March at Bluewater......

It seems to be the Tesla Way... hear nothing and then everything comes at once.

White/Black/Geminis (So the very basic lowest price spec).

Interestingly when I ordered at beginning of Feb I had end of March date that then moved out to May and now its collect on Saturday. Spoke to them on the phone and said I cant collect Saturday and will be away until 1st April. They are going to try and get my pick up moved forward as they need it picked up by the end of March Quarter. Should be tomorrow as car is already sat at Bluewater. They will call me back this afternoon to confirm. Luckily im local to Bluewater (5 mins away) so I can get there whenever suits them.
I guess there is a lot more chance of getting matched on that spec, as it is likely by far the most common. My kitchen sink spec will probably delay me getting matched to a car.

I guess there is a lot more chance of getting matched on that spec, as it is likely by far the most common. My kitchen sink spec will probably delay me getting matched to a car.
Possibly my car is a salary sacrifice lease so went for the basic of specs as I will not own it, so do not need to worry about future residuals. Hopefully your order pulls forward to an earlier date than currently expected. 🤞

Possibly my car is a salary sacrifice lease so went for the basic of specs as I will not own it, so do not need to worry about future residuals. Hopefully your order pulls forward to an earlier date than currently expected. 🤞
Thanks mate, although I’m in 2 minds, part of me wants to get it as absolutely soon as possible, the other part is thinking wait until May to get the incoming upgrades, and very possibly the parcel shelf too!

Thanks mate, although I’m in 2 minds, part of me wants to get it as absolutely soon as possible, the other part is thinking wait until May to get the incoming upgrades, and very possibly the parcel shelf too!
As others have said its a Tesla no matter when you pick it up it will be outdated again in no time as Tesla continue to evolve and make model improvements. You would end up waiting forever and always waiting for the next improvement/update. My attitude was go for it, you'll replace the car again at some time in the future and you'll be getting the latest version/updates then. Its very similar to the latest phone in that respect (of course I know at a much larger price point).

Is anyone familiar with how long it usually takes Tesla to provide a settlement letter for trade ins?. I emailed their financial services 48 hours ago and chased this up but so far no response and i am scheduled to pick up my new Model Y on Saturday!

Is anyone familiar with how long it usually takes Tesla to provide a settlement letter for trade ins?. I emailed their financial services 48 hours ago and chased this up but so far no response and i am scheduled to pick up my new Model Y on Saturday!
I also emailed tfs 48 hours ago for my settlement letter and haven’t heard back yet, guess they are swamped!

I just rang the support line and lady I spoke to has chased it up with them via email.

As others have said its a Tesla no matter when you pick it up it will be outdated again in no time as Tesla continue to evolve and make model improvements. You would end up waiting forever and always waiting for the next improvement/update. My attitude was go for it, you'll replace the car again at some time in the future and you'll be getting the latest version/updates then. Its very similar to the latest phone in that respect (of course I know at a much larger price point).
Yeah, that’s the part of me that wants it right now!

Current MY is already quite an upgrade from my Sept 2021 M3, on top of the practicality and size upgrades of the MY there’s been quite a few updates since my M3, such as Ryzen CPU, new tail lights, larger battery, lithium 12v battery, bio weapon defence mode, heated wipers…..

Damn, I want the MY now!! 😩

Reactions: Dave Cook
Motoring Press were using high inflated 20" wheels .. They are shocking when inflated highly. But 19" inflated to 42PSI seem decent. not air suspension good, but decent
Motoring press should pay attention to tyre pressures. Mine was delivered with 50 psi all round (19" wheels). Even driving it home with the high pressure, the ride was okay. Dropped to 42 psi and it's now really very good. Ride quality is certainly not a point of complaint. These rumours in the press seem to grow horns. Just gives the Tesla haters and doubters a convenient excuse to dismiss the Y (their loss entirely).

I can't imagine 20" rims are THAT much worse when run at correct pressure.

Reactions: VX Foxy
Had my MY delivered yesterday. Mostly good, although the exterior and interior were dirty and the rear PPF is bubbling on one side. It's a lease car, so has taken 24 hours for the car to appear in my app. I've raised a service request to get the PPF redone and hopefully some compensation for the dirty car. It's going to cost me to get it valeted, not what you expect on delivery of a new 60k car! Other than that, everything is fine thankfully.

I do wish Tesla would just move on from this end of quarter numbers game. I've put £100 down on an inventory MY and I've just received a text asking me to collect it on Monday, in less than 5 days (no real choice, then or lose car). I don't even have a confirmed trade in value, or statement, let alone the now less than 3 working days to sort out my funds and transfer the outstanding balance, whatever that will be.

Luckily Churchill will insure my MYLR for no extra cost from the M3LR, so that's one thing sorted out. Assuming funds somehow clear in time I'm also lucky that I can take a day off work at short notice.

Although I'm really looking forward to the car, this end of quarter push just adds on so much unnecessary stress for both the customer and the Tesla delivery team IMO.

Reactions: Dave Cook
Had my MY delivered yesterday. Mostly good, although the exterior and interior were dirty and the rear PPF is bubbling on one side. It's a lease car, so has taken 24 hours for the car to appear in my app. I've raised a service request to get the PPF redone and hopefully some compensation for the dirty car. It's going to cost me to get it valeted, not what you expect on delivery of a new 60k car! Other than that, everything is fine thankfully.
Out of interest do you plan to get an actual valet service in? do you think Tesla will cover some or all of that?

Or it the plan for the local Drive in Valet etc?

Weighing up possible options myself.

Was it really THAT dirty that it actually needs valeting? Mine had a couple of small grubby marks on the front passenger seat and a couple of small grease marks on the paintwork near the boot. Otherwise it was clean. Not showroom spotless, but close enough. PPF was okay on mine, I would definitely get it replaced if it was bubbling.

Got the car today and so much fun driving back from London not sure what this tag in frunk is though?

Attachments

• B550B674-98FF-4988-9422-0E85D15CB702.jpeg
    B550B674-98FF-4988-9422-0E85D15CB702.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 94
Out of interest do you plan to get an actual valet service in? do you think Tesla will cover some or all of that?

Or it the plan for the local Drive in Valet etc?

Weighing up possible options myself.
In case helpful to both you and @novemberRomeo - when I collected mine from Bluewater, because of the Saharan sand that had been blown all over the cars kept on the roof of the carpark, they had sensibly decided not to have the "cleaning" team try to wipe them down. Instead, they said you could get it cleaned yourself and they'd refund up to 50quid - just mail the receipt through to the DeliveryGB mail. So maybe worth exploring that in your case too.