Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: teaston
Trying to book a service appointment for a few small pick up issues. It seems the app wants me to go to London when Milton Keynes is only 15 mins away...
I can't seem to get the App to recognise MK, has anyone else experienced this - I take it, MK has a repair/service centre - Tesla site suggests it does.

Excellent! It looks easier to use than the rubber plug method. Both method s require a blade to cut off the excess tail. out either. Any problem with the sound insulation within the tire?
No problems with the insulation, plug will go straight through it!

I keep a multitool with the Dynaplug, it has pliers to pull/twist out the nail/screw, and a blade (or the wire cutters on the pliers) to cut the plug excess off. It’s this one, incredible quality for the price, it’s almost as good as my £150 Leatherman!

Deal: BIBURY Multi-Tool, 21 in 1 Multitools Pliers with Rope Cutter, Can Opener, Screwdriver, EDC Tools for Camping, Outdoor Activities, Repairing (Shiny) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QK3W..._dl_HEJ18Z3QG65E0AXTWV3Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

When this topic comes up in America they all seem happy to carry (and be prepared to fit) a "plug", I've not heard of people in the UK doing that, but maybe they do?

Have you used the plug method Mr H? I have just remembered that back in the day, my BMW bike came with a plug kit and gas bombs but it was never used.
I've used the plug method but thankfully when on my drive, its a little awkward with space if its the back wheels but easy enough for a temporary fix, the sound proofing on the Tesla tyres can get in the way of a 100% seal so you may still have a slow puncture

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I picked up by blue model Y yesterday. It was filthy! Just given it a wash and it has some white marks on the bonnet and dirt under the PPF. Only done 78 miles so I believe I can report it. How do I do that? Do I just raise it as a service request?

Also wishing I had gone for the inductions. I have the basic wheels that I thought would be like my model 3 wheel covers, but they are much more shiny. Anyone found any good black alternate wheel covers that you can buy in the UK?

@WannabeOwner Plugging ties: The tire and road service firms in the UK don't generally use them. Some tire firms won't even mend a puncture in the traditional way. They are wildly used in France, and Germany and perhaps allover the EU (missing you EU🥲). Iv'e had a puncture quickly plugged by quite a large proper job tire firm which we managed to reach by pumping up the tire every fifteen minutes even on the train to Cocquelles! Vive la plug!
This was before the run flat hassle and the spare wheel purchase.
@Rooster6655 (symbol of France but you have heard that un oeuf already I guess). Interesting. Perhaps teaston's method with the arrowhead pierces the soundproofing material more cleanly. (I really hate the spell checker here! It keeps changing oeuf to boeuf which, ironically, is who we are to our French friends.

I picked up by blue model Y yesterday. It was filthy! Just given it a wash and it has some white marks on the bonnet and dirt under the PPF. Only done 78 miles so I believe I can report it. How do I do that? Do I just raise it as a service request?

Also wishing I had gone for the inductions. I have the basic wheels that I thought would be like my model 3 wheel covers, but they are much more shiny. Anyone found any good black alternate wheel covers that you can buy in the UK?
The only covers that seem to be available currently are the Rimetrix ones, from US with shipping and tax are over £400! Crazy!

Should be able to get the alloys powder coated for around £300, they look really good painted black.

I went for the Inductions, as they’re only costing me £32pm, and I should get most of that back come resale/trade in time.

Reactions: InventEd

Everything I have read (I have read everything) about the state of some car at collection just heightens the ambivalence I still feel about my purchase.
At least I won't be crying from a slough of despond : "What the Dicken's is this...and this...and...and and." I shall have no great expectations!:rolleyes:
I can't wait really:)

I would like shiny bright wheels for my Y; like the model 3 sport wheels but otherwise, as I said
Can't wait.

For black covers, it would not take too long to aerosol spray them. Be sure to use the right kind of top end primer for plastic. Start sharpish and you will be posing outside the beer garden by lunch time.

Last edited:
I picked up by blue model Y yesterday. It was filthy! Just given it a wash.....
I might book an appointment at a detailers for a professional new car detail wash and drive there straight from Bluewater whenI get my pristine hands on the Y. They will also distinguish between the superficial and faults that need reporting to Elon's reps.
Were you offered the fifty quid which has been spoken of here.

While I am at it, I might get a bra. No! no! For the Car in PPF (missuss)

Last edited:
I will ceramic coat mine, i have to wait a week though as i have no time next weekend
There is a good DIY ceramic coating video from the "Bearded Tesla Guy" on YouTube. Sadly we do not have a garage and the paved front garden is over hungby the council's sap spraying lime tree. (Don't get me started on that damn tree.)

PS Don't white cars tolerate the environment better than most? Our white Fiat 500 does so much better than the blue X3.

Last edited:
There is a good DIY ceramic coating video from the "Bearded Tesla Guy" on YouTube. Sadly we do not have a garage and the paved front garden is over hung by the councils sap spraying lime tree (don't get me started on that damn tree.)

PS Don't white cars tolerate the environment better that most? Our white Fiat 500 does so much better than the blue X3.
I've done it before and just leave the car in the workshop at my works overnight. White cars are easy, whereas black ones are a nightmare

Reactions: Wattsisname
66D085A9-05F8-48A2-96FE-8AF78C267EF6.png

Has anyone got the performance boost and regretted it …. ? Finger hovering …. 😂😂😂