Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@WannabeOwner Plugging ties: The tire and road service firms in the UK don't generally use them. Some tire firms won't even mend a puncture in the traditional way. They are wildly used in France, and Germany and perhaps allover the EU (missing you EU🥲). Iv'e had a puncture quickly plugged by quite a large proper job tire firm which we managed to reach by pumping up the tire every fifteen minutes even on the train to Cocquelles! Vive la plug!
This was before the run flat hassle and the spare wheel purchase.
@Rooster6655 (symbol of France but you have heard that un oeuf already I guess). Interesting. Perhaps teaston's method with the arrowhead pierces the soundproofing material more cleanly. (I really hate the spell checker here! It keeps changing oeuf to boeuf which, ironically, is who we are to our French friends.
This varies. I had a puncture on the wife’s Mini Countryman and the BMW roadside folks did a plug repair. In that case it didn’t work, but that was because the screw had also punctured the sidewall.

Just had a strange alert come up in car. "Dashcam USB drive is too small. Use drive larger than 32GB"
What size drive do they give and if its know to ne too small, why not provide a proper sized one?

Tried to report it via app but no ability on app to generate a 2nd service (already gone one outstanding for bubbles in ppf).

Anyone else had similar?

Just had a strange alert come up in car. "Dashcam USB drive is too small. Use drive larger than 32GB"
What size drive do they give and if its know to ne too small, why not provide a proper sized one?

Tried to report it via app but no ability on app to generate a 2nd service (already gone one outstanding for bubbles in ppf).

Anyone else had similar?
The one they supply with the car is 128gb.

It’s a bit crap though, not really designed for being constantly written to, which is why a lot of us buy a high endurance micro sd card and reader.

Reactions: Tameautumn
The only covers that seem to be available currently are the Rimetrix ones, from US with shipping and tax are over £400! Crazy!

Should be able to get the alloys powder coated for around £300, they look really good painted black.

I went for the Inductions, as they’re only costing me £32pm, and I should get most of that back come resale/trade in time.
Thanks, Anyone tried these wheel covers from ebay?

ebay wheel covers

Has anyone got the performance boost and regretted it

If you are going to do it I'd really like to see a "from-40MPH" acceleration before/after comparison. I have a couple of markers near here, about 200M apart. - I find this test easier than figuring out how to actually time it :)

Passing the first marker, on Cruise at 40 MPH and flooring it, MS and M3 both get to second marker at 90 MPH and MY to 86.

The 3 of them have quite different 0-60, and my feeling is that most of the difference is in the 0-40, which is fun but not what I would use most. Would be interested if AB makes a tangible difference to 40+

It’s an awful lot of money for a remap!

I haven't had ICE for 7 years - on a modern ICE that has 0-60 performance in the 4.5s region can you get a remap, affordably, that knocks 0.5s off that? and doesn't violate the warranty? :)

Reactions: Wattsisname

Anyone else had similar?
I would format the USB using the cars screen first. I've been using my USB for 1.5 years without problems. If it really fails then that's the time to do the upgrade.

If you are going to do it I'd really like to see a "from-40MPH" acceleration before/after comparison. I have a couple of markers near here, about 200M apart. - I find this test easier than figuring out how to actually time it :)

Passing the first marker, on Cruise at 40 MPH and flooring it, MS and M3 both get to second marker at 90 MPH and MY to 86.

The 3 of them have quite different 0-60, and my feeling is that most of the difference is in the 0-40, which is fun but not what I would use most. Would be interested if AB makes a tangible difference to 40+

I haven't had ICE for 7 years - on a modern ICE that has 0-60 performance in the 4.5s region can you get a remap, affordably, that knocks 0.5s off that? and doesn't violate the warranty? :)
It does only affect 0-60 performance, or even lower than that, maybe 0-30 or 0-40. Even the performance has been shown to be no faster midrange, Carwow did a video comparison and the LR actually beat the P from a moving start!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
It does only affect 0-60 performance, or even lower than that, maybe 0-30 or 0-40. Even the performance has been shown to be no faster midrange, Carwow did a video comparison and the LR actually beat the P from a moving start!

WOW i did not expect this. The comments on the video are suggesting the result could have been down to a battery temperature issue that might be able to be fixed with an update by Tesla. However i think it suggests that the LR M3 or MY with or without the AB is probably the sweet spot. I think in the real world the AB is not really going to make any significant difference unless drag racing off the lights and even then we are talking about a 2-3 metres gain from 0-40mph

Reactions: teaston