Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe I’m due to collect from my local Tesla store. I’m growing more and more skeptical and believe we will not be prioritised first. I hope I’m wrong.
I guess by customer you mean the end user; the leasing company (if you really mean leasing and not HP or PCP) is the customer.
:rolleyes: .....now where is that thesaurus... there must be a kindlier word than pedant...although strictly speaking..........

For identical configuration ... and even then I think there may be other factors.
Please forgive the digression from thread purpose, but as you are there @WannabeOwner, I am having my Tesla Wall Point installed in a couple of week. Today, I received an invoice for payment tomorrow. I am not used to paying before the work is completed. Is this pre payment approach normal?
I mean, they might take my dosh and disappear to the Bahamas leaving me with "no charge".

Has been some evidence of deliveries (by lease company) to customers early in the month after the quarter-end ... so I'm suspecting that Tesla manage to get that into their end quarter accounts (may just be that the lease company takes a couple of days to pass-it-on, particularly if they have no idea that a transporter-load of cases is coming!)
Lease companies never handle the teslas, it’s all through Tesla, they arrange the delivery/collection, so lease customers get no different treatment to cash buyers. It’s all done through teslas system

Lease companies never handle the teslas, it’s all through Tesla, they arrange the delivery/collection, so lease customers get no different treatment to cash buyers. It’s all done through teslas system

Thanks. On that basis I'm not sure what "A day or two into the new month" deliveries (specifically for finance-type purchases) are then.

Maybe what I have read were actually home-deliveries ... so perhaps if the car is paid for by month-end then the sale is closed in Tesla's books? Or maybe the delivery company takes a day or two to complete delivery.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Except to collect from Tesla; the leasing company are the owners, and they pass the car to their customer, the end user.
Or have I misunderstood the system. If I am correct, then the @WannabeOwner theory is very credible.

PS Having worked for quarterly obsessed American companies, there is much sophistry and slight of hand (I think it is called flexibility) in ensuring the preferred quarter is credited.

I can affirm that. I have a MY on order through Tusker and both the Tusker rep and Tesla rep have indicated I will be picking the car up from the Glasgow Service Centre (hopefully sometime in June).

FWIW, got an update to my EDD with some dates in it: August 6 - September 15.

So I’ve gone from ”September” to “June 12-30” to “Aug 05 - Sep 04” to “Jun 24 - 30“ to “September” to “Aug 6 - Sep 15”

Reminds me of this:
1652106164149.png

Well my March 14th order for a White/White/19 MYLR held steady with 10-30th June for ages, before being pushed to Aug-Sep. It still says that date range. However the source code now says

"isNotMatchedToRa00Vin:false;"

I take that to mean the RN is matched to a VIN that isn't showing yet.

Who knows. I really need to stop looking. Takes me back to the horrible 9 month delay I had with my model s in 2015.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Well my March 14th order for a White/White/19 MYLR held steady with 10-30th June for ages, before being pushed to Aug-Sep. It still says that date range. However the source code now says

"isNotMatchedToRa00Vin:false;"

I take that to mean the RN is matched to a VIN that isn't showing yet.

Who knows. I really need to stop looking. Takes me back to the horrible 9 month delay I had with my model s in 2015.
My isNotMatchedToRa00Vin is false too…

Sorry if that dampens your mood!