Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B08EC3B5-10F9-4E28-85C3-9B7AD2E709DA.jpeg

I think the EDD algorithm is utter shite. From watching mine change several times a week, and observing other posts on this forum, there’s no way it can actually correlate to the real world.
Mine has mostly been June for rhe last few months, including a few weeks of 27-30 June, but I’ve also had a few weeks of ‘May’ before reverting back to June. It went back to May recently then changed this evening to 5 August -14 September. I’m away for nearly a month from 4 August. 🤬
What date did you change your seats to black, as that will be your new order date. It resets from a queue prospective when you change specs.

I think the EDD algorithm is utter shite. From watching mine change several times a week, and observing other posts on this forum, there’s no way it can actually correlate to the real world.
Mine has mostly been June for rhe last few months, including a few weeks of 27-30 June, but I’ve also had a few weeks of ‘May’ before reverting back to June. It went back to May recently then changed this evening to 5 August -14 September. I’m away for nearly a month from 4 August. 🤬
I agree and personally think that even the narrow date ranges mean nothing just yet - our 3 orders have had narrow date ranges in May, narrow date ranges in June, August - September dates and now impossible EDDs of May for two and on vague June.

All 3 are mid Feb orders yet people with same spec cars ordered in March/April have narrow date ranges already (but a different pickup location) which just doesn't make sense to me. If this does in fact turn out to be the case it's a pretty poor first experience of customer care/interaction from Tesla. I know I've no right to my order first but would have thought identical spec cars would have been distributed to the new owners in date order - surely that's something basic the algo could work out? While my 2 colleagues would be happy to just wait and see, it puts me on the verge of just cancelling my order completely and sticking with the vehicles I have purely on principle (bit extreme I know but I don't like queue jumping :p ).

I've had my eyes on the Porsche Macan EV anyway so a couple more years of petrol won't hurt that much.

Anyway, I'm still expecting EDDs to get completely rehashed again yet so maybe I won't have to consider the above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Reado
would have thought identical spec cars would have been distributed to the new owners in date order

There is lots that they could take into account for allocation in terms of how likely they are to be able to close-out the transaction before the end of quarter - that might include how fast a particular Finance company pays / Cash-sale / Trade-in and so on, as well as Customer Profile. Car Transporter probably also a factor - do they have one available? could it do more shorter-trips instead of fewer longer-trips? is the handover location over / under loaded? ... has buyer included extra value items like EAP ... or FSD ... ?

I dunno which, if any, of those things Tesla take into account; I build software which does allocation, and stuff like that is routinely included to optimise the process.

There is lots that they could take into account for allocation in terms of how likely they are to be able to close-out the transaction before the end of quarter - that might include how fast a particular Finance company pays / Cash-sale / Trade-in and so on, as well as Customer Profile. Car Transporter probably also a factor - do they have one available? could it do more shorter-trips instead of fewer longer-trips? is the handover location over / under loaded? ... has buyer included extra value items like EAP ... or FSD ... ?

I dunno which, if any, of those things Tesla take into account; I build software which does allocation, and stuff like that is routinely included to optimise the process.
Thanks for the extra info - makes it even more of a lottery then with their numbers being more important than the customer delivery :p ;) Will still keep everything crossed I guess.

their numbers being more important than the customer delivery

Sadly. If Musk had succeeded in taking the company private there wouldn't have been the need for a quarter-end-push. Once cars start coming from Berlin factory that will help - cars from Shanghai sit on a boat for a month ...

No consolation, but the stratospheric rise in share price has enabled acceleration of new / expansion of factories around the world - so good news for numbers of EVs being built (Teslas in this instance, but if Tesla succeeds and sells load that puts pressure on traditional automotive brands not to get left behind).

Knock on from Shanghai lockdown, unfortunately. Would probably impact purchase of any other brand - most will be using some "bits" from China