Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to set up my account at last.

Bit intrigued by a couple of things:
1) My trade in offer expired and it's been over 2 weeks since I gave them the updated mileage - seems odd?
2) I ordered the basic model (white/black/19 inch) in the middle of Feb - EDD May, then June 4-30th then June... So still hopeful - is anyone aware of any deliveries coming from Shanghai though? Seems a bit of a blank.

Decided to set up my account at last.

Bit intrigued by a couple of things:
1) My trade in offer expired and it's been over 2 weeks since I gave them the updated mileage - seems odd?
2) I ordered the basic model (white/black/19 inch) in the middle of Feb - EDD May, then June 4-30th then June... So still hopeful - is anyone aware of any deliveries coming from Shanghai though? Seems a bit of a blank.
For shipping discussion: 2022 Shipping Movements

I had the Bluetooth permission message and one saying “Tesla are making changes that affect your order”, when logged on to web account they presented a message about Tesla Vision Autopilot having changed since the order was placed, with a “Accept and proceed with delivery” button. Looks like a vin in the source code too!! Exciting

Ordered November then paused until Feb.
Current EDD June 16-30
MYLR Blue/Black/19s

MYLR/Black/Black/20
Ordered 10th April

EDD pushed back to August 5th - 14th September at the weekend and no VIN this morning.

This was the spec which had the fastest delivery when I ordered, but I guess with the lockdowns its been bumped to the back of the queue.

I had the Bluetooth permission message and one saying “Tesla are making changes that affect your order”, when logged on to web account they presented a message about Tesla Vision Autopilot having changed since the order was placed, with a “Accept and proceed with delivery” button. Looks like a vin in the source code too!! Exciting

Ordered November then paused until Feb.
Current EDD June 16-30
MYLR Blue/Black/19s
Wondering if they could do the same with the UMC. 'We've made changes that affect your order'.... oh yeah, by the way we're not including this for free anymore, despite doing so when you placed your ordered that was accepted by us... you have to fork out an additional £299.... Typical Tesla BS 'take it or leave it' situation...

Has anyone received a VIN and not been asked for payment?

I can see a VIN in the source code, but no sign of a request for payment in the app or on website.

MYLR Blue/Black/19". EDD 15-29 June (was 16-30 June). Ordered January, paused February, re-activated 2 April.

by the way we're not including this for free anymore, despite doing so when you placed your ordered that was accepted by us.

Whilst that could happen, what has happened in the past, on many occasions, is:

"Price has gone up, we are honouring the price when you placed your order"
and
"Price has gone down since you ordered, we are giving you that reduction"

and sometimes also:

"Option has been discontinued, you can either Upgrade or Downgrade, adjustment will be as per the price at the time you placed the order"

as distinct from "You can change your order at any time, but any recalculation will be at current price list"

Not

you have to fork out an additional £299

Reactions: s88ats and KennethS
Wondering if they could do the same with the UMC. 'We've made changes that affect your order'.... oh yeah, by the way we're not including this for free anymore, despite doing so when you placed your ordered that was accepted by us... you have to fork out an additional £299.... Typical Tesla BS 'take it or leave it' situation...
My only takeaway is that currently the UMC is still not shown as something you need to order along with the vehicle in the UK - so maybe it’s still included here. The US states you have to add it to your order!! 🤞

MYLR/Black/Black/20
Ordered 10th April

EDD pushed back to August 5th - 14th September at the weekend and no VIN this morning.

This was the spec which had the fastest delivery when I ordered, but I guess with the lockdowns its been bumped to the back of the queue.
Not feeling good reading this...my exact spec too.

No vin as of now, EDD is June 20-30, not expecting it to hold anymore

I would be VERY surprised if you get your car in June given your order date

Order Date not specifically relevant - i.e. only relevant relative to other people with exact same circumstances - identical order, including options (such as EAP as stated, which is "extra profit"), but also delivery location, payment method, personal profile and so on.

Anything that enables Tesla to convert the order to paid-invoice, before end-of-quarter, could cause the order to be prioritised

And it may be that Tesla over-produced that colour/trim etc. combination. Perhaps because of lockdown they had supplies of certain parts, but not others, and ran that production batch longer to clear the warehouse ... lots of possible reasons.

Reactions: Wattsisname