Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20220628_165846897.MP.jpg

The view from Ryde, Isle of Wight.

Got my insurance sorted, sent the full payment to Tesla (after checking about 5 times I had the right details), sent over payment confirmation...and now I think I just wait. Just hope it's not pouring down during collection to make it easier to check things over.

Annoyingly my car from Onto I thought I could return early and they'd pro rata the payment, but doesn't sound like that's the case so I've got an ID3 for most of July with free public charging vs the Y that I'll have to pay for myself. It's going to be a dilemma each day which one to use.

With a VIN of 344 would that be likely to be RC Europe instead of the arrival today?

Got my insurance sorted, sent the full payment to Tesla (after checking about 5 times I had the right details), sent over payment confirmation...and now I think I just wait. Just hope it's not pouring down during collection to make it easier to check things over.

Annoyingly my car from Onto I thought I could return early and they'd pro rata the payment, but doesn't sound like that's the case so I've got an ID3 for most of July with free public charging vs the Y that I'll have to pay for myself. It's going to be a dilemma each day which one to use.

With a VIN of 344 would that be likely to be RC Europe instead of the arrival today?
Yeah onto don’t pro rata, but you can return it early or use the charging cards from it for the Tesla lol

So after being added to “the list”, I just received a phone call from Tesla saying they have a car available for me to collect from Southampton on Thursday!!

Congrats, I guess the sheer volume of W/B makes it more likely...
Good luck in the rush to send payment and sorting insurance in the next two days 😄
Sorry I’m not quite clued up. What’s the “list” might have to give it a try.

I’ve currently got a business order in with EDD for Sept - Nov. For me to take advantage of the tax incentives it needs to be new.

Is the list for used Tesla’s?

Reading all most with great interest. Have a standard white MY with an EDD Sept. Received my order number 19th April. It is a lease via carparison with Lex.

What are views on the best way to:
a, get earlier delivery - clearly the list and flexibility on location but call/email/text myself or ask Carparison broker to?
b, change from white to blue without losing my place in the queue - possibly linked to “the list” approach but will the lease company wear it?

Reactions: Jon Crouch
Sorry I’m not quite clued up. What’s the “list” might have to give it a try.

I’ve currently got a business order in with EDD for Sept - Nov. For me to take advantage of the tax incentives it needs to be new.

Is the list for used Tesla’s?

Talking to the Tesla web chat agent, I mentioned I would consider taking other specs/pick up locations if one was to become available from cancellations from this current Q2 delivery batch - they mentioned I would be added to a "list", and would be called if there was anything that became available, got the call earlier and picking up from Southampton Thursday.

Reactions: ROTA
Well, demo cars are also speed limited to 84mph, do you want to put up with that if purchasing one? :D

Joke aside, I get the point, but as it's purely software, it would be extremely easy for them to remove FSD when putting an ex-demo on sale. If a buyer really does want it, they can always purchase it in two clicks afterwards, hence my 'forced sale' stance.
This would be of course different if there was any factory fitted hardware, but we know this isn't the case, so this comes up to me as a 'bundled sale', a somewhat questionable practice...
I can absolutely respect your position here.

Has anyone ever actually removed FSD from a vehicle, or removed EAP even? I simply assumed that these software upgrades were unremoveable once added as I’ve never heard of them being removed from the vehicle after purchase.

Talking to the Tesla web chat agent, I mentioned I would consider taking other specs/pick up locations if one was to become available from cancellations from this current Q2 delivery batch - they mentioned I would be added to a "list", and would be called if there was anything that became available, got the call earlier and picking up from Southampton Thursday.
Oh, that sounds great. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow

Last edited:
I can absolutely respect your position here.

Has anyone ever actually removed FSD from a vehicle, or removed EAP even? I simply assumed that these software upgrades were unremoveable once added as I’ve never heard of them being removed from the vehicle after purchase.
Only example that comes to mind is that they could find a way to very easily remove Free Supercharging on used models resold when traded-in 😀

And I guess they remove Acceleration Boost upgrade as well as I have never seen an inventory model sold with it. Surely a couple used ones would have ended up with it otherwise.

• Informative
Reactions: Utumno
I did this at lunchtime today so hoping for a call tomorrow morning. Of course, I'm not holding out any luck so I'm not hideously let down but fingers crossed anyway. Congrats on the call back, enjoy that fabulous new car smell. Assume it's an easy enough walk from the station to the dock if the opportunity arises, might even treat myself to some Ikea meatballs if the call occurs!

Reactions: Andaroooooo
I did this at lunchtime today so hoping for a call tomorrow morning. Of course, I'm not holding out any luck so I'm not hideously let down but fingers crossed anyway. Congrats on the call back, enjoy that fabulous new car smell. Assume it's an easy enough walk from the station to the dock if the opportunity arises, might even treat myself to some Ikea meatballs if the call occurs!

I’m most looking forward to the 180 mile drive home, give me an opportunity to really get to know the new car!

Dear all,
Looking for some advice from anyone that has had a car delivered and found defect(s). What is the proper process to register, please?
My car on arrival is fabulous…
However, 3 of the aero covers and one rim is ‘scuffed’, probably from the transporter… straps on wheels etc…
I have raised a service ticket but not sure if that is correct?
Many thanks for any assistance….

Dear all,
Looking for some advice from anyone that has had a car delivered and found defect(s). What is the proper process to register, please?
My car on arrival is fabulous…
However, 3 of the aero covers and one rim is ‘scuffed’, probably from the transporter… straps on wheels etc…
I have raised a service ticket but not sure if that is correct?
Many thanks for any assistance….
I was advised to raise a service call and quote that the issue was found on delivery day.

Depends when you ordered, a couple that have been allocated today were ordered a couple of days before I ordered, I'm praying for that call too.

Putting in a service request after a check up - re the 100 mile rule, is it as long as the request is put in before 100 miles, you can get these sorted? Because I need to travel and will definitely be over that before being able to get any slots...

Also, is there a benefit for a service centre over mobile? I would guess SC would have more supplies and tools at their disposable? Anyone had any experience?