Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello darkness my old friend...

1659890944136.png

I don't know what to think with all those more recent orders that shrank to a 1-week delivery window, while mine from March still shows 27 Aug - 26 Sept..
I couldn't stand another disappointment..
I'm too new to the shipping tracking to work out if any of the 3 known UK-bound ships align with our 28/08-26/09 EDD, or not. It seems like a very wide EDD to link to any specific ship?

I'm too new to the shipping tracking to work out if any of the 3 known UK-bound ships align with our 28/08-26/09 EDD, or not. It seems like a very wide EDD to link to any specific ship?
Vin allocation should have already been done for the first two ships in the first week or so after they departed Shanghai if it follows recent patterns, bar last minute reallocation of cancelled orders.
The only remaining shipment to be allocated should then be Glovis Companion… or if you are overly optimistic, a potential fourth ship yet to have docked at Shanghai, in the next couple of weeks.

Given the surprise of Glovis Summit though, this could also mean Companion was the final shipment to the UK this quarter and all remaining ships will be heading to the continent which hasn’t been well served so far

Reactions: adambg
Vin allocation should have already been done for the first two ships in the first week or so after they departed Shanghai if it follows recent patterns, bar last minute reallocation of cancelled orders.
The only remaining shipment to be allocated should then be Glovis Companion… or if you are overly optimistic, a potential fourth ship yet to have docked at Shanghai, in the next couple of weeks.

Given the surprise of Glovis Summit though, this could also mean Companion was the final shipment to the UK this quarter and all remaining ships will be heading to the continent which hasn’t been well served so far
This news made me happy but also slightly nervous because I thought exactly the same as you. This might mean that COMPANION could be the last ship to the UK. And if she’s due around the start of September, why would there be a new window of mid to end September? Is this June pain all over again? I think I have PTSD and the thought of missing out on Q3 is making me anxious…

This news made me happy but also slightly nervous because I thought exactly the same as you. This might mean that COMPANION could be the last ship to the UK. And if she’s due around the start of September, why would there be a new window of mid to end September? Is this June pain all over again? I think I have PTSD and the thought of missing out on Q3 is making me anxious…
Thinking the same, have most of us missed Q3 now after the Q2 anti climax, are all of us without vins pinning all our hopes on one boat?

I expect another Uk bound shipment after Companion to arrive mid to final week in September

I’m confused. What was the issue in June? From what I can see, most have order dates around March/April at the earliest. I ordered my MSM/Black/20 at the end of April and at one point got a delivery date in June despite initial expectations being set as October. This was, however, only brief and was pushed to Q4 before being bought forward to 6-30 Sept where it has stayed for about a month now.
How close to the June EDD did it get before expectations where dashed and dates pushed to Q3?

I expect another Uk bound shipment after Companion to arrive mid to final week in September
Perhaps Tesla are planning a few Southampton followed by zeebrugge ships. I originally suggested about a week ago that the rate of departures to uk and eu were well behind H2 2021 and Q1 2022 and this remains true, even with Antwerp and companion raising pulses everywhere. Another boat to eu and uk by Friday 12th could go some way to satisfying a lot of us anxious that we will slip to Q4. It seemed like a lot of white and black RHD cars were being loaded so for those folks you should be feeling more optimistic than the red, blue and grey folks; especially red and grey as it didn’t look like there were many of them. Before I forget, somebody should pop round to Fryto’s place and checks he’s ok as he was well peeved yesterday.

I’m confused. What was the issue in June? From what I can see, most have order dates around March/April at the earliest. I ordered my MSM/Black/20 at the end of April and at one point got a delivery date in June despite initial expectations being set as October. This was, however, only brief and was pushed to Q4 before being bought forward to 6-30 Sept where it has stayed for about a month now.
How close to the June EDD did it get before expectations where dashed and dates pushed to Q3?
My Q2 date became Q3 on 13-June.
If you give the benefit of the doubt this was due to unforeseen covid lockdown in Shanghai.
Even then there are a few cancellations and people get brought fwd again, so you end up clinging on until the last day.

My Q2 date became Q3 on 13-June.
If you give the benefit of the doubt this was due to unforeseen covid lockdown in Shanghai.
Even then there are a few cancellations and people get brought fwd again, so you end up clinging on until the last day.
Oh wow, I would say giving the benefit of the doubt here would be very generous. Given the time it takes to ship the cars to the UK, surely whether the order can be fulfilled within the EDD would be known many weeks in advance?
Remaining hopeful that my EDD is accurate and will keep all fingers and toes crossed!

Reactions: Toblerone
It is odd, the level of optimism the EDD sometimes has. In April when we ordered the Model Y we were told it would likely be ready in September, however our EDD was constantly changing and narrowing in to a week in June despite all of the supply and shipping issues not tying in with that at all. It would have been much easier to deal with and plan for if our EDD had remained in September, although on the plus side (for Tesla) it made sure we stocked up on all of the accessories and charge point much sooner than we'd planned. The EDD is now the whole of September so I should be feeling optimistic but I don't want to get my hopes up.