Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s probably all automated, I doubt they have people manually assigning VINs
Fair point. Could be. Its usually been in the afternoon recently though so I wonder what triggers it and why it would suddenly be early AM
If its fully automated you might expect it to be a job that runs at a fixed time or is it triggered when the ships ETA is T minus X maybe?

Reactions: Toblerone
Finally got a VIN assigned in source code, base spec, end of April order. EDD updated to September 14 - September 28 (from 1-30th). Just got to sell the old car now…

Is there a guide to how to post your vin without out receiving too much information?
I think you can just post the first 3 digits of the string of digits at the end of the VIN. So mine is 448, others 447 etc.

At least, that's what I've seen people do and MrM asks for those ones so basically I'm just being a sheep and don't actually know!

The VIN is in!

Just got my hidden VIN! LRWYHCEK2NC448***. Additionally, my EDD has updated to Sep 19-Sep 30.

All order details in signature.

I know it’s early but to celebrate, I’m pouring myself a Vin & Tonic and will make a nice meal tonight; haven’t decided yet between a Vindaloo or a Coq au Vin.

Annoyingly my Distill monitor decided to stop working overnight, so I can’t tell when it all changed. I only found out when I checked on my phone this morning after seeing other peoples’ posts.
Yes soon to be daddy! Congrats. Suspect you’re all on Sunrise.

Them twin outfits are awesome grab me some for my twins! Haha. Or Arsenal ones.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s now that sudden realisation that you need to sell your old car now and sort it all out, 7 days before the EDD or is it 7 days before the delivery date?
Agree, there's a whole host of realisations now. They were always in the back of my mind but now it's coming up to crunch time:

1. When to pay. I think I know this one, you should do it when you receive your SMS from Tesla confirming delivery, etc. Do a test payment first yada yada.

2. When to insure: Think I know this one too. Get a quote 3 week prior to delivery (hopefully Tesla have SMS'd you with Reg by then). Use comparison sites, and/or ring your trusted insurers (popular ones seems to be Direct Line & Admiral). I'm on Admiral now, if I can get a good deal with them plus a rebate and thrown in a multi to lower the costs, I'll stick by them. I've budgeted £1500 because I'm in London but I've only been driving in the UK for just under 2 years (20 years licence held). Side note: I've also budgeted for an Acceleration Boost but I may have to eat into that budget if my insurance is more than 15 hundy... :( and AB will have to wait another month

3. When to return my current lease car. I presume when I get a text but timings will be tight I think (and hope). Want to avoid overlap but don't want to be without for too long either. I also discovered a nail in the tire the other day... fml, will need to replace that before handing it back.

4. My partner and I have holidays booked 17-23 September. New EDD from this morning is 14-28 September... If I get the choice, do I pick it up before? After? Do I park it at the airport if before? Soo many juicy questions to answer!

5. Have I got enough accessories? Yeah I bought a bunch in March when we ordered the M3 before changing to Y in May. But still, do I have enough?

6. Some other random conundrums: How can I be expected to work during this period of anticipation? Is it even normal to be excited like this? Should I buy more shares come stock split? Is this car too big for just me and my girlfriend? When will it rain proper? Do I park far from the shop entrances in the winter? Do I leave sentry mode on in our block of flats car park? Whose new Model Y did I see in there the other day? Should I leave a note on their car since we'll be Model Y buddies soon? I saw a new EQS in there too, do I leave a note on theirs, now that we're EV buddies or are they going to be my nemesis?

Urgh, so many questions!

Last edited: