Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a funny feeling the new software will simply lock it off which means that USS is independent of any FSD feature. This leaves Tesla free to play with the software but also means USS can be used for parking etc.

The reason I think this is because I would assume we would have gotten a disclaimer stating that our cars do come with USS but it is likely to be deactivated soon. The vehicles that don’t come with USS have all had a disclaimer, so the buyer has confirmed they are happy to have a vehicle without. Those few cars that are being delivered with USS have had no such disclaimer so one would expect that the functionality will work as planned when the car was ordered.
" vehicles that don’t come with USS have all had a disclaimer"

This is not the case. Many on this forum have said they didn't receive the disclaimer and have had it confirmed via chat or email that their cars had no USS. Myself included.

" vehicles that don’t come with USS have all had a disclaimer"

This is not the case. Many on this forum have said they didn't receive the disclaimer and have had it confirmed via chat or email that their cars had no USS. Myself included.
Me too, no USS and no disclaimer.
There is still time yet! Plus I’m sure it will be in the small print somewhere when you sign/ accept the car.

Will those with USS still have it working after Tesla launch the camera software upgrade? Or will it’s be turned off and parking sensors rely solely on the cameras?

A short excerpt from the FAQ section of that page:

Will vehicles equipped with ultrasonic sensors have their functionality removed?
At this time, we do not plan to remove the functionality of ultrasonic sensors in our existing fleet.
Obviously this may change in the future, but Tesla’s currently communicated position seems crystal clear to me.

A short excerpt from the FAQ section of that page:

Obviously this may change in the future, but Tesla’s currently communicated position seems crystal clear to me.
Doubt it’ll ever be disabled on existing cars because of potential legal issues

hey guys, once i have paid my car to tesla, how long before it appears on Insurance website. as for the moment admiral refuse to start the insurance as my reg is not registered...
The car won’t be registered with DVLA until you collect it.

A call on the day before collection to Admiral should sort it.

If you get a customer service drone repeating the same bullshirt you’ve already been told, politely speak to their manager and escalate up the chain until you find someone who has a clue.

The way Tesla goes about this is perfectly normal (for them!) and Admiral knows this perfectly well. You probably just got a poorly trained customer service rep.

Reactions: buggles
I've received my car. No USS. No messages related to it. I assume deep in the T&C's there is something covering tesla for this.
I’m sure there will be, they will have been planing it for a while and we must remember that no where when we ordered did it detail the specs of the car - I searched hard for this info!

I think Tesla did something as simple as change the picture of the cars on the website (not with USS), much earlier than they officially announced the removal of them. That’s such a subtle change that not many people will have noticed.

I did it online and you can quote but u cant finalize as they check the REG with the insurance DB and of course the car still not in..
so will do on the phone ! :)
thanks guys
Umm.. I specified the date when my insurance should start to align with my delivery/collection date a fair bit in advance. Otherwise how can someone be expected to secure a competitive price for insurance?

I'd call Admiral again as it sounds like they are giving you the round around tbh.

Oh wonderful , trade-in offer expired today 2 days before I pick up from Brent Cross , last time it took over week to get a trade-in offer processed - All they asked for was an updated odometer but worried this is going to delay collection. Anyone had this happen so close to collection date ?

I've received my car. No USS. No messages related to it. I assume deep in the T&C's there is something covering tesla for this.
Every vehicle manufacturer in history hides behind the "product improvement" clause, and I expect Tesla is no exception.

I'm aware of the oxymoronic irony in "product improvement" in this particular example ;)

Guys - stupid question.
Tesla register the car for VED for the first year right?

Just I know they complete the reg upon collection and perhaps it takes a few days to appear via the DVLA website.
Just the paranoid me feels I'm driving an untaxed car even though it's currently £0!

EDD: Jan-Feb 2023
Was wondering if anyone who recently collected their Model Y RWD can tell us if the front seats have the stitching line on the base bolsters (see the screenshot). This will for sure help with those ugly wrinkles. :)

modelystitchingline.png