Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s a lease and the company won’t buy from stock and take the hit on the list price. I can take a stock car but it would cost me another £150 a month which I’m reluctant to do

My Dad placed a M3 RWD order in Feb at the (then) price of £43k. Cash deal.

October sees Tesla bump his vehicle to June 2023. Cancelled because Dad can’t risk waiting that long due to a combination of factors.

November sees his exact spec in stock at £49k. Tesla phone him up, offering him first refusal on the car he ordered, at £49k.

Air turns blue. My Dad is not a subtle man.

Dad picked up his 2023 Niro today, ordered in October.

True story.

Reactions: H43lio
312F15F0-8672-4438-A8E9-DB0601532C44.jpeg

If anyone is picking up from Brent Cross, London then probably best not to get your hopes up too high around your delivery experience. Location is easy to find and you can see the car park as you turn into Brent Cross from the motorway.

Thanks to this group I wasn’t expecting much but chatting to a couple of other new owners they had done little research and were clearly very disappointed with the process.

Car park was rammed with MY & M3 nowhere for my wife to park our existing car so I had to walk from a nearby car park (after politely being told I couldn‘t Park where the Tesla signs said I could).

Not much space between cars which was a little annoying.

A couple of people were having issues with their finance not being complete, payments not showing but personally had no delays, as I’ve followed advice on the forum regarding payments and just had to show my licence, a couple of clicks and a signature and the car appeared on my app instantly. Haven’t found any issues with the car as a VIN with 547 I’ve got USS so very happy. Car had 44% charge.

I’m very happy taken 5 months from order so know I’m lucky but having driven a Volvo XC40 full electric for 15 months I’m actually finding the suspension softer in the MY.

Attachments

• 75C332B2-D3F6-47BF-96A6-E45764394F1C.jpeg
    75C332B2-D3F6-47BF-96A6-E45764394F1C.jpeg
    680.7 KB · Views: 62
Hi folks
Long time lurker here so my first post.
I just got delivery of a long range and have a few questions.
My vin is 550xxx.
I’ve been reading on here and got confirmation from lease company that the car doesn’t have USS. However the front and back bumpers have sensors all around them or circles all around them like it has USS like every other car I’ve owned. Does that mean there’s USS?
Is there a test? I’m still waiting for lease company to assign me as a driver so can’t check what it has or hasn’t got as app doesn’t work yet.
Other question is how do I tell if the matrix/global lights compare to normal led?
Similar question to the old cameras to newer cameras.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: nrushforth
Hi folks
Long time lurker here so my first post.
I just got delivery of a long range and have a few questions.
My vin is 550xxx.
I’ve been reading on here and got confirmation from lease company that the car doesn’t have USS. However the front and back bumpers have sensors all around them or circles all around them like it has USS like every other car I’ve owned. Does that mean there’s USS?
Is there a test? I’m still waiting for lease company to assign me as a driver so can’t check what it has or hasn’t got as app doesn’t work yet.
Other question is how do I tell if the matrix/global lights compare to normal led?
Similar question to the old cameras to newer cameras.

Thanks in advance.
If your car has the USS circles front and back, your car has USS. The lease company are probably saying a blanket ‘No’ to cover themselves. Enjoy them!!

If your car has the USS circles front and back, your car has USS. The lease company are probably saying a blanket ‘No’ to cover themselves. Enjoy them!!

That’s great. Not driven it yet as I’ve been working so only had a walk around the car. Will go out for a play later.
Happy with the USS as I will probably park it in a tight garage.
So from quick look. No new seats, still shorter ones.
I got USS 😄
Got parcel shelf and carpet lined plastic trims around the side of back seats.
There’s also front mud flaps which I wasn’t expecting. Mats all round.
Quite happy as from reading posts here and other forums there wasn’t many in my VIN range that had USS, new camera or matrix lights. At least I got 1 of 3 so far.
Will check for matrix and new cameras when it’s daylight.