Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is picking up from Brent Cross, London then probably best not to get your hopes up too high around your delivery experience.

I have just switched my delivery from NEC to Brent Cross owing to my exact spec appearing on inventory.

I have now gone from no vehicle matched, with EDD Jan-Feb 2023, to now having a hidden VIN and EDD 7th to 21st December.

I just have to work out the best way to get from the tube station to the location…

I have just switched my delivery from NEC to Brent Cross owing to my exact spec appearing on inventory.

I have now gone from no vehicle matched, with EDD Jan-Feb 2023, to now having a hidden VIN and EDD 7th to 21st December.

I just have to work out the best way to get from the tube station to the location…
It’s only a short walk from the tube station; walking would be your best bet if that’s an option for you.

Reactions: Moon Dweller
If anyone is picking up from Brent Cross, London then probably best not to get your hopes up too high around your delivery experience. Location is easy to find and you can see the car park as you turn into Brent Cross from the motorway.

Thanks to this group I wasn’t expecting much but chatting to a couple of other new owners they had done little research and were clearly very disappointed with the process.

Car park was rammed with MY & M3 nowhere for my wife to park our existing car so I had to walk from a nearby car park (after politely being told I couldn‘t Park where the Tesla signs said I could).

Not much space between cars which was a little annoying.

A couple of people were having issues with their finance not being complete, payments not showing but personally had no delays, as I’ve followed advice on the forum regarding payments and just had to show my licence, a couple of clicks and a signature and the car appeared on my app instantly. Haven’t found any issues with the car as a VIN with 547 I’ve got USS so very happy. Car had 44% charge.

I’m very happy taken 5 months from order so know I’m lucky but having driven a Volvo XC40 full electric for 15 months I’m actually finding the suspension softer in the MY.
Yeah. Brent Cross was the worse car experience I’ve had. Lucky the car has made me forget that experience. Though I did let them know via feedback form. Whether that helps is anyone’s guess.

Reactions: trignflo
That’s great. Not driven it yet as I’ve been working so only had a walk around the car. Will go out for a play later.
Happy with the USS as I will probably park it in a tight garage.
So from quick look. No new seats, still shorter ones.
I got USS 😄
Got parcel shelf and carpet lined plastic trims around the side of back seats.
There’s also front mud flaps which I wasn’t expecting. Mats all round.
Quite happy as from reading posts here and other forums there wasn’t many in my VIN range that had USS, new camera or matrix lights. At least I got 1 of 3 so far.
Will check for matrix and new cameras when it’s daylight.
That’s great news. I don’t suppose you can take a picture of the carpet lined plastic trims. Trying to understand what this is as a number of people said they didn’t have it and those were cars without USS; built after yours.

Reactions: H43lio
I don’t think it really matters if your car comes with USS or not, the future software update to Tesla Vision will remove their functionality anyway. My M3P came with LiDAR but it’s functionality hasn’t worked since the software updates removed it. If I knew where it was located I’d take the LiDAR unit out and flog it on eBay 😂

Reactions: nrushforth
Keep seeing posts with people complaining about Brent X experience. My collection is very soon from there. Anything I should know in advance?
1) Don’t expect to be able to park in the car park if someone drives you there.
2) It is just a glorified car park with a small Portacabin. There is not a lot of space between cars so to fully inspect you need to try and move it out of its parking spot, if it rains there is no shelter other than inside portacabin.
3) Its very busy and only three (very helpful and friendly) staff in portacabin assigning cars. This does mean if someone in front of you has an issue with finance / authorities / paperwork you get delayed.
4) There are three or four other staff in car park ‘assisting’ if there are issues.
5) On the plus side: abundance of food / coffee shops within a few hundred yards and all car parks are free.

I’ll be honest from reading on here, I expected it to be as it was so went prepared. It’s not the dealership experience, it’s arguable that when spending this much on a car, you should expect more. However when thinking back my last Volvo had less charge percentage due to en error with the charger and I didn’t get flowers for my wife this time. I didn’t make use of the dealership handover either as I knew more about the car than the sales guy.

I was quickly in the MY, setting up phone as a key and Bluetooth took seconds, Autopilot had calibrated within 10 miles on the motorway and I spent the rest of the day enjoying my new purchase. This more than made up for the Brent X experience.

Good luck and enjoy your new car

Reactions: H43lio and Adsf
Morning all, home delivery day for me today. Quick question, what are peoples experiences with the carrier delivering the vehicle? Tesla said they would reach out separately, given that the text also said delivery would be between 8am and all day when is the likelihood of me hearing from them? Could I in theory only here from at around 3pm saying they are delivering between 6pm and 7pm? Thanks

I picked up a MYLR at Brent Cross yesterday and I had a similar experience to others.

The handover team at Brent Cross were doing a good job of keeping the shortish line moving and answering any random questions at what was clearly quite a busy time. Some of the guys picking up for home delivery mentioned of much longer queues the previous day. A cleaning crew pottered around prepping new cars and I imagine that they have a very quick turnover of vehicles.

The site itself is rather cramped with what can only be >£10m of Tesla's there. So inspection is difficult and don't expect the fancy handover experience you may have had with other cars or seen at the MY launch event.

I had about 40% charge to get me home (more than sufficient to get back to Surrey/W Sussex) and the car was spotless aside from a few watermarks from cleaning. As a lease customer I expected my phone key to be activated this morning, but it turned on before I left the Portacabin and was really useful in popping the boot to see where the car was. Overall setup took 10 mins and I was on my way.

Autopilot calibrated by the time I hit Ikea on the A40 and the 90 minute journey home on the M25 (past M4/M3/A3 etc) was the most stress free I've had on that stretch.

Reactions: ermis1234
Morning all, home delivery day for me today. Quick question, what are peoples experiences with the carrier delivering the vehicle? Tesla said they would reach out separately, given that the text also said delivery would be between 8am and all day when is the likelihood of me hearing from them? Could I in theory only here from at around 3pm saying they are delivering between 6pm and 7pm? Thanks
I took home delivery yesterday, a good experience and the driver was a friendly & cheerful chap however I didn’t hear from him until he was at the end of my road, no other contact ahead of time.

Reactions: J81M
Thank you, that’s really useful to know.. did you inspect the vehicle whilst he waited, or did he push off straight away?
I just took delivery at home. The chap was really nice and he called me just after 8am saying he will be about an hour. He said he had 4 to do today so not sure if he calls all of them in the morning with an ETA or just calls when he goes back to collect the next car. I think the drivers are either self employed or part of a transport company and therefore each company/person will probably have their own way.

I took 5-10 mins to look over the car as he was unstrapping but couldn't see anything obvious so signed away. I'm not going to go as far as looking for slight blemishes etc. The chap wasn't rushing at all but neither did he hang around.

Reactions: J81M
I just took delivery at home. The chap was really nice and he called me just after 8am saying he will be about an hour. He said he had 4 to do today so not sure if he calls all of them in the morning with an ETA or just calls when he goes back to collect the next car. I think the drivers are either self employed or part of a transport company and therefore each company/person will probably have their own way.

I took 5-10 mins to look over the car as he was unstrapping but couldn't see anything obvious so signed away. I'm not going to go as far as looking for slight blemishes etc. The chap wasn't rushing at all but neither did he hang around.
Thank you for reply. That’s very helpful 👍🏻

That’s great news. I don’t suppose you can take a picture of the carpet lined plastic trims. Trying to understand what this is as a number of people said they didn’t have it and those were cars without USS; built after yours.
3E88ED46-216F-4039-B3AF-16A44B8B307A.jpeg

I believe the earlier MY had plastic along the side of the rear seats and the carpet lined ones in the pic is the newer one. Got nothing to compare to other than internet pics and comments.

1312DF64-AD1A-4826-9A6B-36C617E8883A.jpeg

USS but the screen display looks different to my mates model 3. His looks more like a bubble around the car showing distance with red and amber lines.
24AD4C8F-D77D-49C9-908C-57181A55D093.jpeg

Headlights, not sure if these are the matrix or older ones.
A7F89E45-A0DA-4264-BF6E-DDAC0A19F8AE.jpeg

I think these are the older cameras

68B757F3-F9F2-4AF7-AEF6-38EA4EFAD099.jpeg

View attachment 880104
I believe the earlier MY had plastic along the side of the rear seats and the carpet lined ones in the pic is the newer one. Got nothing to compare to other than internet pics and comments.

View attachment 880105
USS but the screen display looks different to my mates model 3. His looks more like a bubble around the car showing distance with red and amber lines.
View attachment 880106

Headlights, not sure if these are the matrix or older ones.
View attachment 880107

I think these are the older cameras

View attachment 880109
Thanks for this mate. You defo have USS. Get a bit closer to the wall and you’ll see Red with distances. I used it so much now as the visibility out the rear is so poor. I have found that I’m not using the cameras much which I will try and change soon.