Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully between us we can log all the key differences.
Unlike the M3 where the RWD gets an inferior audio system, there aren't any interior differences on the MY between RWD and LR.

Apart from the performance/range/max. charging rate/warranty improvements that you get with the bigger battery and extra motor, the only thing the LR has over the RWD is front fog lights.

Reactions: 2020M3SR
I think I'm going to follow you with a MY SR order and like you, investigating the differences

Did you get that range difference from Bjorn videos? I just need to check location which I haven't done yet. Minimal range difference on his tracker but I need to check his LR video as that might have been Norway, versus SR video from Thailand at 30 degrees.

Does the SR have heated seats front and rear and heated steering wheel do you know? And are seats fully electric or any manual adjustment? I'm trying to figure out the differences between SR and LR from a feature perspective.

From a usable battery size point, it looks like LR ships with 70kwh usable versus 57kwh usable in the SR

Hopefully between us we can log all the key differences.
MYLR in the UK gets a usable 75kwh battery.

As a previous owner of a M3SR+ I’ve noticed that the LFP battery seems more susceptible to cold weather. My 55kwh would do 160-180miles in winter, with rain and cold. In summer it was 250-280miles.

The MYLR is 220miles winter on a motorway run and close to 300miles around town. In summer it’ll definitely be 300+. I’m seeing 4 miles pkwh out of the LR.

If you want a min 200 mile range in poor weather, the LR is the one to buy.

When researching my purchase I noted Bjorn Nylands range tests. MYLR at 90kmh winter was 281 and summer 306 (8% drop).

M3RWD was winter 251 to summer 300 (16% drop). I’d guess MYRWD would perform similar.

His MYLR range test was in Norway on a 70kwh battery so add another 5kwh and note it’s not like for like given the roads/weather in the MYRWD test he’s done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2020M3SR

As a previous owner of a M3SR+ I’ve noticed that the LFP battery seems more susceptible to cold weather. My 55kwh would do 160-180miles in winter, with rain and cold. In summer it was 250-280miles.

The MYLR is 220miles winter on a motorway run and close to 300miles around town. In summer it’ll definitely be 300+. I’m seeing 4 miles pkwh out of the LR.

When researching my purchase I noted Bjorn Nylands range tests. MYLR at 90kmh winter was 281 and summer 306 (8% drop).

M3RWD was winter 251 to summer 300 (16% drop). I’d guess MYRWD would perform similar.

His MYLR range test was in Norway on a 70kwh battery so add another 5kwh and note it’s not like for like given the roads/weather in the MYRWD test he’s done.
Great summary, thanks

Reactions: Lord Farquad

Thanks for above
Guesstimate UK summer vs UK winter what you reckon the real world difference?

I was due to get my Model Y LR on December 16 (2022) - However, since I was travelling at the time, I had to push back the delivery slot to the next shipment in 2023 - Looks like the situation worked very well in my favour, with new (£5k discounted) price reflecting on my Tesla account today.

My question to everyone waiting for a Tesla this quarter is whether quality of car would be impacted due to nearly 10% price slashing on Model Y LR?

Last edited:
I was due to get my Model Y LR on December 16 (2022) - However, since I was travelling at the time, I had to push back the deliver slot to the next shipment in 2023 - Looks like the situation worked very well in my favour, with new (£5k discounted) price reflecting on my Tesla account this today.

My question to everyone waiting for a Tesla this quarter is whether quality of car would be impacted due to nearly 10% price slashing on Model Y LR?
It’s likely that your car was already loaded on a ship and heading to you before cuts were announced. So, no impact imo

I was due to get my Model Y LR on December 16 (2022) - However, since I was travelling at the time, I had to push back the delivery slot to the next shipment in 2023 - Looks like the situation worked very well in my favour, with new (£5k discounted) price reflecting on my Tesla account today.

Did the quality go up when the prices rose?

If not, why would the quality go down when the prices reduced?

Reactions: JOL1 and Js1977
After the drop in APR (from 6.9% to 3.9%) and been told it can only be applied to new orders, I ordered again my MYLR Midnight Silver today. Got a visible VIN and a EDD straight away, earlier collection available was 21st Feb but opted for 3rd of March. Old order cancelled (ordered 13 Jan, still due for delivery 3rd March), lost £200 deposit but saved £4k over 4 years.

After the drop in APR (from 6.9% to 3.9%) and been told it can only be applied to new orders, I ordered again my MYLR Midnight Silver today. Got a visible VIN and a EDD straight away, earlier collection available was 21st Feb but opted for 3rd of March. Old order cancelled (ordered 13 Jan, still due for delivery 3rd March), lost £200 deposit but saved £4k over 4 years.
Did you go for 19’s or 20’s on the wheels?

You will not lose £200 if u keep referring to the UK laws on refunds

I’ve ordered exactly the same car today, my VIN is also showing and estimated delivery date between 15/2 and 2/3.