Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re rear parcel shelf… it’s the first thing removed from every hatchback I’ve ever owned! Only get put back when time to sell the car. The pull out ones in particular are a bit rubbish as you can’t really use them as a shelf.

I bet Tesla know that too!
Yes me too, if its the board type I remove the parcel shelf to the garage, and if its a roller version, its rarely used.

The front glass will be laminated, it is the rear that is to also get in in the new updates.

WRT the ride, firmness is a given but the complaints are more about the unsettled ride, getting thrown about a bit side to side over an uneven surface. The M3 is prone to this and the MY could be worse due to the extra height. How did it feel to you?
There were no s bend curves that I could really test this on in the area... More rolling bends and that felt fine

Do they ask for photos after providing an initial offer? I filled in the trade in form on Saturday but didn’t see anything for photos (no order placed yet)
It's a two step process.. they give you a provisional quote valid for 7 days then ask for photos etc. and provided they're happy they'll convert that into a firm quote. The second part can be (often is, I expect) tied into the buying process.

Reactions: Mrklaw
In the queue early for a MY 20 “ wheels LR White . Currently have a Nov-19 M3 white SR+ With 38k miles . Love the M3 but do worry the SR+ Limited mileage range will start to look outdated eventually. Probably cost me £20k I assume to make the switch . £37k used M3 guesstimate vs £57k MY. When I bought my M3 at the lowest price it was ever available at I did think it was great value. I’m still t ting to convince myself the switch is worth the expenditure???

In the queue early for a MY 20 “ wheels LR White . Currently have a Nov-19 M3 white SR+ With 38k miles . Love the M3 but do worry the SR+ Limited mileage range will start to look outdated eventually. Probably cost me £20k I assume to make the switch . £37k used M3 guesstimate vs £57k MY. When I bought my M3 at the lowest price it was ever available at I did think it was great value. I’m still t ting to convince myself the switch is worth the expenditure???
If it’s only range you’re worried about, get a M3 LR and save 5-7K or wait a little while and get one with the new batteries. Model Y only works for me because of the practicalities with 2 kids and 2 dogs otherwise it would be a M3 LR all day long.

I’ve had an update from my lease company over the weekend. They’re still quoting “early March” which ties with what others are seeing as they’ll take delivery of the car and do checks before arranging delivery to me.