Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone - had a chat to tesla this morning as I hadn't received my 'get ready...' text. My order is with a leasing co - who told me the message should come to me. Tesla said no, I'd first be contacted when they match my order to a car, and also told me all the MYLR are arriving at the same time - and should we with us mid to late Feb. Not sure if that helps!

Wondering if any of you know how to request Tesla to register car with personalised number plate at the time of delivery as there was no option to provide details?
I don't believe they will do that. The process is simple once you receive the V5 and my insurance did not charge me for the change a few weeks after I bought the car. Tesla did make an extra set of plates for me and had them in the boot at delivery, free of charge. However, others have reported that they had to pay or were told no to the extra plates. As with many things Tesla, it seems a bit depends on their mood and who you get when you contact them.

Hey everyone - had a chat to tesla this morning as I hadn't received my 'get ready...' text. My order is with a leasing co - who told me the message should come to me. Tesla said no, I'd first be contacted when they match my order to a car, and also told me all the MYLR are arriving at the same time - and should we with us mid to late Feb. Not sure if that helps!
It’s looking increasing likely we will all have a 71 plate but if the trade off is a Ryzen chip, new 12V battery and laminated rear windows I will be a very happy man.

I don't believe they will do that. The process is simple once you receive the V5 and my insurance did not charge me for the change a few weeks after I bought the car. Tesla did make an extra set of plates for me and had them in the boot at delivery, free of charge. However, others have reported that they had to pay or were told no to the extra plates. As with many things Tesla, it seems a bit depends on their mood and who you get when you contact them.
Thanks a lot. I'll liase with them on this and see what they can do. If not, cost of plates isn't that high anyway and I'll get them done myself. I'm thinking of getting stick on vinyl plates for the front if its legal as it will look really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you defer do you get bumped to the back of the queue or can you just ask them to wait until 1st March to get the 22 plates?
You can possibly delay for up to a week if the delivery date they give you doesn't work and they will hold your allocated vehicle, more than that and you lose the allocation and go to the back of the queue.

Reactions: Campi
You can possibly delay for up to a week if the delivery date they give you doesn't work and they will hold your allocated vehicle, more than that and you lose the allocation and go to the back of the queue.
Would they change the registration date though? I’d have thought they’d register all arrivals at once. Do you get a choice of number plate like you do with other manufacturers

Would they change the registration date though? I’d have thought they’d register all arrivals at once. Do you get a choice of number plate like you do with other manufacturers
Tesla only seem to allocate a reg number to the vehicle once you have confirmed a delivery/collection date. Even then they don't register with the DVLA until the day of collection so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to allocate a new reg number if needed.

You aren't given a choice on the reg number.

Reactions: Campi and Arran