Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also wonder if those getting the text are those that were planned to pick up near that location, or are you scattered all over? While I’m sure a launch event will be fun, its perhaps less fun if your Scotland car suddenly wants you to pick up from Bristol :)

I also wonder if those getting the text are those that were planned to pick up near that location, or are you scattered all over? While I’m sure a launch event will be fun, its perhaps less fun if your Scotland car suddenly wants you to pick up from Bristol :)
I did have a quick look earlier and we seem to be spread out, agree a 400 mile round trip to collect your car and the popping of a party popper might not appeal!

Reactions: RubberDuck46
Same here. Just sharing for those in same situation with no dates or vin etc.
Ordered 9/11. Blue, black, inductions.
Admittedly this was over 3 weeks after orders went live. (Had to cancel an existing ev order beforehand).
Hoping for 22 plate.
No trade in, no finance, all tasks done.
I ordered the same vehicle within half an hour of orders going live - no VIN:mad:

Not yet; I believe someone on here got a response that the application had been submitted yet needs to be processed etc. and the Government are not exactly speedy as doing updates.
Thanks! As the MY will be my first electric car, I’m waiting for it to get on the list before having a charger installed. I also got the text yesterday so hopefully the MY will be on the list before my car arrives!

I am in the same boat as you! I didn't receive a single text till date. All the comms since the order have been on emails. When I checked my profile earlier today, I realised there was one digit missing from my mobile. I updated that immediately.
Hopefully we will get the next text message they send.
I'm the same, have had no texts at all and checked my account and although it showed the whole number, when I clicked edit the last number was missing! I then checked my actual Booking Order Form and on their the last digit was the same as the previous digit, maybe as it was missing?

Anyway hoping I will receive texts from now on although my VIN/date hasn't appeared yet for a LR White/White with 19". No trade in here, fully cash and completed everything day email came out.

Reactions: sakethcr and Roarr
Just spoke with Tesla customer service, and the "launch event" will be a pickup location "not miles and miles away from Thorpe Park".

I guess we'll find out later today.
Unless I’m being incentivised by freebies (merch, supercharger miles, etc) I can’t see myself travelling further than my nearest pick up location to get my car. How do others feel? What compels you to attend this event?

Reactions: VX Foxy
Just spoke with Tesla customer service, and the "launch event" will be a pickup location "not miles and miles away from Thorpe Park".

I guess we'll find out later today.
For those that are spread across the country, perhaps the event is only unique in nature and there's actually a few at the same time. Perhaps one in each of the UK's countries given someone said they were in Belfast?

Unless I’m being incentivised by freebies (merch, supercharger miles, etc) I can’t see myself travelling further than my nearest pick up location to get my car. How do others feel? What compels you to attend this event?

I feel the same way. I don't have enough free time to go out of my way, and Thorpe Park is a 25 min bus ride from my house with no changes.

Just got off the phone with Tesla. I put a request in to change the paint on my Model Y back on Saturday, however last night I got assigned a VIN for a White Ext/Int car. On the phone they said that the first ship and deliveries would be happening in February, at some new exclusive locations that they've never used before. All cars on these ships will be delivered at these exclusive events is what I gathered.

I had the choice to either stick with the White paint and Int, and accept delivery in February. Or get kicked to the back of the queue for delivery in Mid to Late March. I've decided to pursue my change, but still a little upset that it hadn't been put through quicker prior to VIN allocation. Annoyingly I'm away in the US in March.

-
I guess I'm holding out hope that a few people will be calling up today to delay their order till the March delivery, to get the new plates. I'm unsure if I'll get allocated one of these cars for Feb delivery, if the right Red Ext/Black Int combination comes up. Or will they just get chucked into Inventory for anyone to grab.