Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry not induction wheels. I have Gemini wheels on order which I'm thinking of upgrading to Induction.

Compromise option is to go with Gemini and get them painted. Have a look at this..

Looks very nice to be fair, at least against the white. Probably would look nice against other colours as well... If it came Like that, I wouldn't bother with inductions (most probably) but the thing is time for me or downtime more so plus cost of powder coating, getting tires and valves off refitting etc. ... I just haven't got the time in the near future hence after evaluating went induction route. If you can be bothered though, its a great choice :)

I called on the 18th as to change to inductions (before they started sending out the collections on the 19th which I still got (the text later that day) and its yet to reflect on my account as of today even though I called last Friday to check and change has indeed been filed. My only fear is that I dont get matched or make the new build for the next boat but Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
I'm in the exact same boat. Have a Test drive on the 15th, and decided to change the colour and interior of the car. Send an email on the morning of the 16th, and got a reply back a few hours later to say that it will be updated in 2-3 working days.

Then the 18th rolled around, and I got matched with a VIN! Of my previous spec... on the phone with Tesla I was told that the changes hadn't gone through and was offered my original order, or to release the VIN and go back onto the pile for a March delivery. Debated back and forth, but decided 2-3 weeks extra waiting vs. 2-3 years of kicking myself for sticking with the basic White colour and decided to let it go.

Got unmatched Wednesday evening after calling, but my changes still haven't gone through! Emailed Friday night, and was told on Saturday morning that they've got a huge backlog, and that it will be processed before the next shipment. On the phone on Wednesday morning, they did confirm that it was noted on the system, before I even mentioned it.

The way it was described over the phone, if you change your order/spec, your queue position doesn't change for the next VIN matching process/cycle. You'll bounce on-top of other orders with the same spec, as long as you ordered before them. At least that's what I gathered... might not be 100% right.

Just had another look now; still got my original order/spec online.

Just finished my test drive at Thorpe Park. No further comments than anything else that has been said but would have been nice if they had cleaned the exterior! Couldn’t tell the difference between grey and blue. Anyway, all good and I’m looking forward to picking up from Southampton in less than 4 weeks. Tesla guy answered my question on expected charge on pick up and he said they aim for at least 40% charge. My journey home is 83 miles so should be good.
Do they know anything about "special" event?!?!

I've not doubt that given two identical cars why wouldn't you go for the one with the newest looking plate? But surely this is a totally hypothetical and pretty unlikely scenario - I've had loads of secondhand cars and never found two identical.
Yea, that was my point really. Purely psychological. If they were identical then either car would do. But I know I would fall foul of wanting the ‘ newest ‘ looking . I’m almost ashamed lol

I’m going for a test drive at Thorpe Park tomorrow, I’m sure all questions have been asked and answered. But if anyone has a question for me, please feel free. Hope there is somewhere I can drive it with gusto 😊
Not if you follow the pre set route in the navigation. Just a small part 50mph, most 30. But I did get an idea of the torque that is impressive in EVs. Hope they give it a wash overnight!

First time Tesla owner (to be) here and like everyone else just waiting for my model Y to be delivered. On the subject of grant, I literally had my Hypervolt installed this morning. No issues with grant side of things see my post

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

Yes, it's getting all the new upgrades. As well as the new Ryzen CPU

No one knows for sure as the boat is still at sea, most expect all the new additions bar the parcel shelf, question is if this comes later for free, or at cost...

Is anyone not tempted to wait for the new structural battery version?
I’m getting hounded to prepare for my model Y delivery and update my details.
I don’t need the car now so tempted to go back to the beginning of the queue.
Batteries can fail/go wrong. I'm not sold to the idea that one has to change the whole damn car if there is a problem with the battery. Look for BMS_a064 and BMS_a029 error.

Reactions: RGZoro
In a literal sense since everything (all seats etc) has to be removed and reassembled onto the new structure unless I understood something wrong.
There’s certainly more work involved, but most of the time off the road will be waiting for the new battery pack to arrive, be that a standard or structural one.

The design of the cells, and the whole pack, should reduce the likelihood of a failure in the first place - although there could well be some teething issues for the first vehicles with them.

Is anyone not tempted to wait for the new structural battery version?
I’m getting hounded to prepare for my model Y delivery and update my details.
I don’t need the car now so tempted to go back to the beginning of the queue.
From all the pundit commentary I’ve seen you could be waiting a while. Last I read is the initial Berlin cars will still be on 2170s.

Or get a set of rimetrix replacement covers shipped over from USA? Satin black and have 20" diameter because they cover the 19" wheel completely and a bit more. You get benefit of better ride and range and if you touch the curb.. throw away the cover and get a new one. Tyres might have a bit longer lifespan too?

I think the inductions do look great, but if you're coming from a "softer" comfortable car and haven't test driven them you might be surprised. I'm so glad I got to test them because I felt the ride was a fair bit harsher than say an LR M3 on 18" wheels.

Gotta decide whether you want comfort or cool. I went asking before and most people (from a small and possibly biased sample) who'd driven both seemed to think there was quite a difference in ride quality. Having watched every video on youtube with Model Y in it.. I actually really like the Gemini covers on white, black and silver. On red or blue I think black wheels maybe look a bit better.
Rimetrix covers are awesome - got a set coming over right now. Makes sticking with Gemini an easy choice

Reactions: Campi and ukmy