Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know an EV charger installer that has availability reasonably soon?
PodPoint say "at least April"
I'm based in Bristol.
Check with energy provider websites as well. They generally oustource to a local installer. Or you're better off buying Tesla Gen 3 charger and you can find local electricians on Tesla website. Worth giving them a call as well. Some installations may not be straightforward but a decent sparky will help you out.

So Tesla asks you to do a wire transfer.
They supply the following:

Bank Swift Code: CITIGB2L
Account Name: Tesla Financial Services Limited
ABA/Routing #: 185008
IBAN: GB72CITI18500817559895
Account Number: 17559895

Halifax's wire transfer was broken.

I put the ABA as a Sort Code along with the Account Number to try BACS and it showed up as City Bank NA instead of GB lik the Swift implies.
It also reported it as unverifiable so I got scared and stopped.....

Probably ring halifax tomorrow.

I put the ABA as a Sort Code along with the Account Number to try BACS and it showed up as City Bank NA instead of GB lik the Swift implies.

Messy! I wonder why we can't pay using a credit card.

I'd have to check my bank details but I had to do the same for my deposit. £25k was the transfer cap on a general transfer with Bank of Scotland, but b/c it was that type of transfer and within the UK, it showed paid within a couple of hours on Tesla's page.
Please keep in mind I did not double check my transfer numbers against yours just now, I am only saying I had to to the same with the account name, sort code, and acct #.

I'd have to check my bank details but I had to do the same for my deposit. £25k was the transfer cap on a general transfer with Bank of Scotland, but b/c it was that type of transfer and within the UK, it showed paid within a couple of hours on Tesla's page.
Please keep in mind I did not double check my transfer numbers against yours just now, I am only saying I had to to the same with the account name, sort code, and acct #.
Thanks. Good to know. Did you end up doing multiple transfers then? I'm sure it all fine I'm just being paranoid given the money involved.

Thanks. Good to know. Did you end up doing multiple transfers then? I'm sure it all fine I'm just being paranoid given the money involved.
Totally understandable. I called my bank too just to see if anyone had done this before. Luckily the person who answered had experience dealing with US companies and said they tend to confuse things by adding the IBAN and such usually for international transfers.
You can do multiple across multiple days (£25k limit is per day) and just time one for late at night, and another for after midnight. At least with BoS. We decided to just put £25k down and finance the rest as we didn't want to start touching other accounts to put towards a car. Just happened to work out that BoS was right at that limit.

Totally understandable. I called my bank too just to see if anyone had done this before. Luckily the person who answered had experience dealing with US companies and said they tend to confuse things by adding the IBAN and such usually for international transfers.
You can do multiple across multiple days (£25k limit is per day) and just time one for late at night, and another for after midnight. At least with BoS. We decided to just put £25k down and finance the rest as we didn't want to start touching other accounts to put towards a car. Just happened to work out that BoS was right at that limit.
Great. That's what I was planning. I stupidly put 50% down which is over the limit. Didn't think about this. I assumed it was all telsa not getting the UK bit. I started using an IBAn and swift and it wanted to know what currency and to charge me which felt pretty wrong. So this feels better.

Reactions: RGZoro

In all cases, I always recommend making a small payments first, say £10, then check it went through, by phone or in your account.

Looking at the latest wuwa video there is an absolute sea of model ys in Shanghai which I would guess would be going on boats reasonably soon. Say 10days to loading (random guess) then maybe 30day transit would put us early March delivery.

Let’s just assume they assign VINs around when the cars are loaded….so VIN assignment in 10-14 days??
Chineese holiday 24 Jan - 7th Feb I think... March 10 +/- a week I'd say

Reactions: roadcred