Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a text last week to arrange delivery for 19th Feb in Southampton. I replied yes and called to confirm and got a confirmation text. I called again today to see if I’d been assigned a registration and they’re telling me I was unmatched two days later and don’t have a car and need to wait for the next shipment in March. Anyone else have a similar issue? if so have you been able to resolve. Given I’ve arranged to sell my car and transport for 19th
that is really poor from Tesla.

I had a text last week to arrange delivery for 19th Feb in Southampton. I replied yes and called to confirm and got a confirmation text. I called again today to see if I’d been assigned a registration and they’re telling me I was unmatched two days later and don’t have a car and need to wait for the next shipment in March. Anyone else have a similar issue? if so have you been able to resolve. Given I’ve arranged to sell my car and transport for 19th
How frustrating! Not a good example of Tesla customer service and hope they apologised. I also received a text (last Friday) for the 19th Feb MY event. I never replied as I had no chance of going due to work and had assumed that the assigned MY got unmatched. My only confusion is that I still have a VIN assigned and have estimated delivery Feb 16th - March 2nd.

Finally managed to test drive a MY at Guildford yesterday and as a result decided to change my order. I couldn't see a way of changing this online and couldn't get through on the phone so have sent an email with my request. Sorry if this has been asked before but does changing an order push you to the back of the queue? (order was placed on 15 Oct)

So let me get this straight:

1. Tesla release a brand new car a few days before the change of number plate year.

2. Tesla have confused so many people their wait times are now over an hour.

3. Tesla have closed Thorpe Park delivery location without notifying anyone after letting them choose it.

These guys make nice cars but they are utterly clueless when it comes to customer service.

I’ve magically been rematched for the 19th after the advisor spoke to their supervisor.

I see a lot of you commented on the arrangement of insurance for your new Tesla MYs. I have my VIN and should get the car between 16 Feb - 2 Mar. I haven't looked up the insurance quote yet, as I do not have the registration number. What sort of insurance quote should I expect - 42yrs old, 15+ NCB.

I will be selling my Nissan Qashqai and I was paying around £450 in my annual car insurance.

I wonder what happens when I get a higher value car, and also when the new car is an EV 😊 .

Finally managed to test drive a MY at Guildford yesterday and as a result decided to change my order. I couldn't see a way of changing this online and couldn't get through on the phone so have sent an email with my request. Sorry if this has been asked before but does changing an order push you to the back of the queue? (order was placed on 15 Oct)
I'd be interested to know what you changed after the test drive, i.e. did you change the config or choose another model entirely?
I'm test driving the MY next Wednesday at Guildford. Was it only a 20 minute allocated time?

I'd be interested to know what you changed after the test drive, i.e. did you change the config or choose another model entirely?
I'm test driving the MY next Wednesday at Guildford. Was it only a 20 minute allocated time?
I changed my order after the test drive by calling customer service because at the time I had already agreed finance with Tesla so no option of changing build in my account. They told me it will take up to 10 working days for them to click submit 🙄.

I then subsequently changed my method of payment as I went to Forza for my finance and that reverted it back to ‘cash payment’. I was then able to change build in my account and it amended it instantly.

I changed from black to white interior and from Gemini’s to Inductions.

Sorry this sort of question is my first post.
Long time model 3 owner here with model Y ordered around 10.30 on the morning of pre order day. Wondering if anyone else who ordered early that day is still waiting for their call to arms?
Had my black horse HP approved since 9th Jan but still the only info I have on my account is :
Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

With all the action noted on here in the past few weeks wondering if I’ve slipped through the net somehow. Anyone else in Manchester / Cheshire in similar situation?
Emailed sales@ and delivery@ emails and haven’t heard a peep.
Have you not got a VIN hidden in your source code?

Yes it was a 20 minute drive on a pre-programmed route that they had entered into the sat nav. I also had the opportunity to have a good look around the red left hand drive car that they had on display. I originally ordered a blue car with white interior and standard wheels but decided I preferred the black interior after seeing it in the flesh. As has been said before, ride is on the firm side so I decided to stick with the Gemini wheels. I was generally impressed with the car despite its ride and handling not being quite as good as previous cars that I have owned.

So let me get this straight:

1. Tesla release a brand new car a few days before the change of number plate year.

2. Tesla have confused so many people their wait times are now over an hour.

3. Tesla have closed Thorpe Park delivery location without notifying anyone after letting them choose it.

These guys make nice cars but they are utterly clueless when it comes to customer service.
Tesla are just delivering from China and arranging it to arrive on the UK's car mid year changeover is not top of their priorities. Bmw have a six month guestimate for there's and Skoda its 46 weeks!
Ring them and they will give you an outline of what happens next, I did and was told early March, the ones arriving Feb are matched mainly white/black 19" and mostly to Southampton docks.
After the first deliveries the March deliveries will be to service centres around the UK (no lunch) and likely fully charged.

They gave me the vin but said regist would be 7 days before collection on 19th.

I sent an email one evening asking when they would advise me of my registration number because I needed it for my Insurance. I got no reply to the email but I did get a text message soon after with my VIN number and registration number !

The text arrived on the 30th Jan I think. (My delivery date is 16th Feb at Duxford).

So progressing along nicely;

✔️ Confirmation I can Pick up on my wife's behalf
✔️ Balance: Paid in full
✔️ Insurance: Admiral Gold
✔️ Private plates: bought, delivered (SurePlates.co.uk) - You only need supply the V750 and a DL to purchase. (or similar - possibly not even this 😁)

To do;

Collect the car
Wait for the V5C from in the post from the DVLA (Hopefully 3-5 days, as I guess they won't be busy end of Feb 😖)
Allocate the private plate online, rip the massive horrible black number plate holders off and 3M the new plates on 😂

Whoop Whoop - Game on !

MYLR Black, white interior, 20" inductions.