Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’re the same. Ordered a few days after launch in Oct but turned down 19 Feb delivery. And now have nothing on the account. Blue/black/inductions.
Spoke to Tesla after our Guildford test drive yesterday, and they said two ships coming in very close together, so for anyone without an allocated car, they should expect to get one within a week or so 🤞🏼
Hope that this is the case! Seems alot of VIN's went out on Thursday evening. I was offered a 19th Feb delivery, however I changed my car spec 2-3 days prior and it hadn't processed yet so I had to decline! Hoping that I can take delivery before the 14th of March as I'm away until April.

Called the Delivery Team today; was advised that alot of cars were yet to be allocated en-route. I was advised that if I was unable to take Delivery this March, next deliveries would be in Mid May.

I see Tesla sell a USB pen drive for footage storage.

a) Does any pen drive work or is it formatted specially?
b) Can you buy a USB hard drive instead and stick that in the glove box?
Any will work, and yes you can use a hard drive instead provided it doesn't need more power than the port will provide.

You get the 128GB Tesla stick with the vehicle.

“Tesla Update - Your delivery is on the horizon. Only 14 days to go until you become one of the first Model Y owners in the UK at Southampton Horizon Cruise Terminal on 19th February, more details about the day coming soon”
Counting down the days!😁
Similar up here in Scotland (we'll have to drive from Glasgow).
"Tesla Update - Only 12 days until you become one of the first Model Y owners in the UK. Enjoy incredible views of the Scottish Highlands on your way from Loch Fyne on 17th February, more details about the day coming soon."

Hope that this is the case! Seems alot of VIN's went out on Thursday evening. I was offered a 19th Feb delivery, however I changed my car spec 2-3 days prior and it hadn't processed yet so I had to decline! Hoping that I can take delivery before the 14th of March as I'm away until April.

Called the Delivery Team today; was advised that alot of cars were yet to be allocated en-route. I was advised that if I was unable to take Delivery this March, next deliveries would be in Mid May.
Same here, I changed car spec after a test drive and turned down an offer for delivery on 19th Feb. Now struggling to get my account updated with the new spec and concerned this might delay allocation of a car to me. How long did it take for the delivery team to update your car spec?

Rimetrix covers have arrived as has the cup holder. Not going screen protector yet as most people say not worth it. Will be interesting when I get Reg details as will need to set up insurance and then sort out the personalised one ... free additional £20 for the insurance company :)

Same here, I changed car spec after a test drive and turned down an offer for delivery on 19th Feb. Now struggling to get my account updated with the new spec and concerned this might delay allocation of a car to me. How long did it take for the delivery team to update your car spec?
10 Days via Email, wasn't best pleased after being told it should only take 2-3 working days.
If it's been longer I'd get on the phone bang on 9:30am to follow up.

Still no update here after saying no to the 19th Feb delivery. Really hoping I get the text from Tesla today, feels like everyone else has got one!
Same boat here, turned down the 19th, Blue/Black/Geminis. Have had to order the Laminars from Rimetrix today to console myself in the meantime, thanks to whoever it was that made that recommendation, hadn't heard of myus.com for shipping to the UK!

I'm normally very patient but this is a little maddening... thanks to everyone here for helping me feel like I'm not alone :)

Reactions: roadcred
Exactly the same for me!
I think you have to realise that it's a queue and if you gave up the space for whatever reason then it only seems fair that you join the queue waiting for your particular model and delivery that suits you. Do you think they should slot you onto a particular slot that someone else has been allocated? [Sorry I sound like a Tesla Customer Services nerd]

I emailed the CEO of Direct Line yesterday afternoon, and have just had a call from one of the senior managers on the motor team.

He said that having escalated it yesterday the team responsible for adding the Model Y onto the system tried to update it last night but that failed. He indicated that they were going to try to get it done by Monday and he would call me on Monday with an update.

He said that if it failed on Monday they would keep trying as they are aware of the urgent need to provide cover for the Model Y.

I'll post an update on Monday.
Had an email this morning from the manager at Direct Line offering for someone to call me to arrange cover on the Model Y.

Just put the phone down and am a happy bunny. Additional premium of £81.17 which I think is a result.

In my early 60's, retired, rural Suffolk and car kept in garage day & night

So annual premium of £553.38

Had an email this morning from the manager at Direct Line offering for someone to call me to arrange cover on the Model Y.

Just put the phone down and am a happy bunny. Additional premium of £81.17 which I think is a result.

In my early 60's, retired, rural Suffolk and car kept in garage day & night

So annual premium of £553.38
Sounds expensive to me, I would have thought being kept in a garage overnight it would have been cheaper.